Reload this Page >

Help!Anybody in Sicily ?!

Help!Anybody in Sicily ?!

Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

kimmie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help!Anybody in Sicily ?!

Originally Posted by enterprise1999
If everybody fills in their profile, we can find out who we are and where we live................. I'll be having lunch in Ciancaina on Thursday 5th if anyone's about, then for the next 6 days driving round the island like a madman looking at propertys. Don't set your'e heart on anything untill you have completed ..... I thought it was going to be so easy.
If anyone else like me is in the UK email or phone when I'm back and I'll be armed with more tails from buying on the sunshine island.
Looking forward to you tales.will you drive there?Or will you fly?
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

enterprise1999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Flying out on the afternoon flight from Stanstead.......... So anyone with a little gem for sale get in touch before I go and I can have a look while I'm out there......
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

jimmychoo is an unknown quantity at this point

to enterprise 1999
the tread is help! anybody in sicily!

i came on this site to find people in my situation and i haven't filled in my profile yet as i was busy last night when i signed off and had to go.
i can tell you know that buying in sicily at the moment is the same as everywhere else expensive! there loads of properties and they will take the mickey out of english people where the prices are concerned. it's who you know here not what you see when it comes to buying houses.

please could be a bit nicer when replying to threads
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Youre exactly right in what you say......... But you sound a little too sensitive......
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Just a little aside here............ I was drinking a cup of tea at the time...... still think I only took about 30seconds to fill my profile in so people new who they are chatting with........
So the next time anyone replies we'll all know who you are.....
Unless youve something to hide (might be an estate agent ETC) or being stalked...
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

(woops) "Knew"................. I dont stand a chance with Itailan, can't even spell English
Old Jan 30th 2009, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: Help!Anybody in Sicily ?!

Originally Posted by karamia
Hi Giulianna,
Thanks for the reply
I do have english sky and I know I couldn't live without it!!
We are in Agrigento.
My boys are picking it up v.quickly.
My toddler speaks Italian perfectly
I have just started work online which I am loving.
Its a free biz that I am building and occupies me which is great.
Also talking to people worldwide which is better

I still don't think I will be here longterm,where we will end up I don't know yet but my heart is telling me it won't be Sicily forever
why not?
Old Jan 30th 2009, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: Help!Anybody in Sicily ?!

Originally Posted by pomgrrl
Hello Dave, we have just paid a depo on a town house in Cianciana, working on paying the balance as we speak
there is supposed to be quite an expat community out there, but we dont know any yet, except one. There are also one or two who post here, do a search for Cianciana.
I cant wait to get out there and see the place (bought blind off internet) crazy but true
do keep in touch
How did it all work out for you in the end?Are you in Sicily now?
Old Mar 7th 2009, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

MOSS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone...just registered here. I've recently moved to Salemi SW Sicily near Trapani. Here for work with Sgarbi the new mayor of Salemi. Does anyone live near by ? It is pretty quite here...but hey i knew it would be. Lucikly i'm fluent in Italian...learning sicilian dialect !! so i'm settling in quite well as the locals are friendly. Met a local sicilian girl aswell which helps to get to know everyone. Overall going ok... But the weather !!! What happened to the sun ? It just keeps on raining..lets hope spring arrives soon....David
Old Mar 7th 2009, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

giuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nice

Hi Mipc,
Welcome to the forum. I am near Messina. Been here for the past 25 years!!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

shahaanrider is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I have just signed up for Modica home so will soon be there.

I have made friends with my new neighbours and village people. I dont usually look for brits or in my case maltese who i know here in Malta. I have found that my Italiano is sure getting better.

Ended up with a notaio who speaks 5 languages !!!!
he likes to practice his english and maltese on me..
Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Buying in sicily is a minefield .... bargain hard and put in offers it does sometimes work.
Never pay over the odds there is always another property around the corner.

I am a freelance travel writer, just signed a contract for my new place.

I am already working on a helpful booklet with all the traps and scams doing the rounds with agents and sensars. They see mega money to make if you are not careful.

A section will cover people that have bought already good and bad experiences... so if you want to share your experiences please contact me.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

SusanKathleen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shahaanrider
Buying in sicily is a minefield .... bargain hard and put in offers it does sometimes work.
Never pay over the odds there is always another property around the corner.

I am a freelance travel writer, just signed a contract for my new place.

I am already working on a helpful booklet with all the traps and scams doing the rounds with agents and sensars. They see mega money to make if you are not careful.

A section will cover people that have bought already good and bad experiences... so if you want to share your experiences please contact me.
Hello Everyone, I am new to the site but have been living in Sicily for almost two years now. I am American and I am thrilled that there are so many English speakers in the area. I was selfsh enough to think that I was the only one. I quickly read through some of the messages. It seems as though several of you are looking for properties. My in-laws are selling their house. It is absolutely beautiful. Three stories, one and a half baths, two kitchens, three bedrooms. The house is brand new. I am not sure how much they are asking, but it is a fantastic house. Nothing needs to be done to it. The house is in Lucca Sicula. It is probably about a half hour drive from Cianciana and a 20 min drive from the beach. If anyone is interested, I can send more information.

As far as the winters go, this year has been a fluke. Last winter, I lived in a beach house without heat. Yes we had the portable heaters, but during the day there really wasn't any need for them. This year in Sicily, like the rest of the world, was hit hard. Not frigid cold but it has been raining for what seems like months. But believe me it is just a bad year.

If anyone is ever in the area, I am always looking for a reason to get out.

Sue
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Hi

Just got back to Malta from Sicily and the weather is still bruto tempo!!!! ferry nearly got cancelled. It sure has been a winter to remember.

Getting to know my new friends in Modica has been fun.

Ciao
Old May 12th 2009, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

oo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.