Reload this Page >

Help!Anybody in Sicily ?!

Help!Anybody in Sicily ?!

Old Jan 24th 2009, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

kimmie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help!Anybody in Sicily ?!

Originally Posted by enterprise1999
Off on the 4th for a bit of desk thumping at a certain agency in Cianciana..... Then look at all the properties on the books of theres and a few other agents.... I've emailed a few and rang another noticing nothing has sold since I decided on my dead duck in July....... So hopefully prices have now dropped. At least that will help with the pityfull pound.......... Fortunatly I have a few friends and a Lawyer in the family out there, as my Italian is next to none....... Mind you they tend to shut up and listen to the odd expletive.
Good luck with your trip next week then! I have spent ages researching sicily and I still agree with you that cianciana in the Agregento area of sicily is the best value for money!!at the moment all of us Brits need to get the most for our hard earned money eh!!!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

enterprise1999 is an unknown quantity at this point

The way things are going over here in the UK with the pound and property prices........ I can see me converting my Euros back to pounds and buying a reposession here......... I think the Itailians need to realize the bubbles burst with the falling pound so the days of selling rubbish to the Brits with loads of cash is over. 69p for one Euro in July last year. Now it's nearly one for one....... That to me means all the prices, taxes and fees you see advertised should be at least 20% less.........
Anyway a last bash next week, so fingers crossed.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

The way things are going over here in the UK with the pound and property prices........ I can see me converting my Euros back to pounds and buying a reposession here......... I think the Itailians need to realize the bubbles burst with the falling pound so the days of selling rubbish to the Brits with loads of cash is over. 69p for one Euro in July last year. Now it's nearly one for one....... That to me means all the prices, taxes and fees you see advertised should be at least 20% less.........
Anyway a last bash next week, so fingers crossed.
you shoudnt have a problem finding a property up to 40,000 euros.there seems to be loads around where you are looking.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

I think you could call it creative photography.......... I've been back and forth many times now and seen most that you see advertised........ And the ones I've fancied havent been registered by the owners, usually no planing ETC. Some of those advertised have been for sale for over two years. When you look you can see why........... Town houses, four stories high in those narrow streets on steep hills... Prepare for creative scafolding and dipping into your savings........
But hopefully a little gem has escaped me and I'll snap it up next week.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

I think you could call it creative photography.......... I've been back and forth many times now and seen most that you see advertised........ And the ones I've fancied havent been registered by the owners, usually no planing ETC. Some of those advertised have been for sale for over two years. When you look you can see why........... Town houses, four stories high in those narrow streets on steep hills... Prepare for creative scafolding and dipping into your savings........
But hopefully a little gem has escaped me and I'll snap it up next week.
sounds awful but the bathrooms always look good on the photos!!!Unless they use the same pictures for all of them.Hope you find the right one next week.we have found loads that we would like to look at but have decided that we wont go over until we sell our house here in the Uk.We are in the final stages of finishing it off now and will put it on the market in the next few weeks.We bought a reposession that needed renovation a year ago.Its a good idea but you get loads more for your money in sunnier climates!!!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:19 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

40.000 euro wouldn't even buy you a garage where I live.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Lorna, not being funny but arent you the lucky one............. Some of us mere mortals out here have to set our sights a little lower...... At least in the world of percentages. When Italy like the rest of us gets hit....... People in the higher bracket will loose more in property values...................... All I'm saying is :-
Sicilian or should I add anglo-Sicilian couples who have been on the island for a while have been making a good living out of Brits dreaming of a better lifestile...........
Yes that was great a year ago........ they made money, had swiming pools installed on their land........
Oh dear, they are feeling the pinch now, the golden goose is well and truly dead.
The thread started with.... "Help"...... Well:-
I've been back and forth loads of times via Palermo, have my expresso at the bar as you leave arrivals, gone through the hire car company desks..... Gone down loads of one ways in the centre of town ( I find I have to do one wrong way every time I go there. Just keep an eye out for the police. Much easier on my friends push bike ). I've then travelled around, Looking for places, Dont bother with Cefalu or Taromina, (forgive the spelling) for houses, unless you have deeper pockets than me....... So if anyone wants to cut out all the hassel I've had, just ask. It's free ( OK maybe a coffee and bun )........... Likewise if you know what to avoid or seek "Post it" or email me.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 1:00 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Lorna, not being funny but arent you the lucky one............. Some of us mere mortals out here have to set our sights a little lower...... At least in the world of percentages. When Italy like the rest of us gets hit....... People in the higher bracket will loose more in property values...................... All I'm saying is :-
Sicilian or should I add anglo-Sicilian couples who have been on the island for a while have been making a good living out of Brits dreaming of a better lifestile...........
Yes that was great a year ago........ they made money, had swiming pools installed on their land........
Oh dear, they are feeling the pinch now, the golden goose is well and truly dead.
The thread started with.... "Help"...... Well:-
I've been back and forth loads of times via Palermo, have my expresso at the bar as you leave arrivals, gone through the hire car company desks..... Gone down loads of one ways in the centre of town ( I find I have to do one wrong way every time I go there. Just keep an eye out for the police. Much easier on my friends push bike ). I've then travelled around, Looking for places, Dont bother with Cefalu or Taromina, (forgive the spelling) for houses, unless you have deeper pockets than me....... So if anyone wants to cut out all the hassel I've had, just ask. It's free ( OK maybe a coffee and bun )........... Likewise if you know what to avoid or seek "Post it" or email me.
Lucky in what sense ?

That OH and I had to get a 100% mortgage of 20 years just to be able to buy the cheapest, livable place we could afford so that we weren't still renting when our first child was due ?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

If you want to live in an expensive area its your choice.......... I'm too old for a morgage too poor to live where you are. But I've got the kids and T shirt........ We're going a bit off subject here.......

Lets keep the help people who ask thing going?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

I should have added Sicily.......... woops
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

jimmychoo is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there,

i moved here to sicily 9 months ago. i'm living in gela down the south and i to find it very loney. my fella is from here so we decided to give it a try as he loves his city. i came across this site and was so pleased to know i'm not the only one here.

is there anyone round my area?

gemma
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

If everybody fills in their profile, we can find out who we are and where we live................. I'll be having lunch in Ciancaina on Thursday 5th if anyone's about, then for the next 6 days driving round the island like a madman looking at propertys. Don't set your'e heart on anything untill you have completed ..... I thought it was going to be so easy.
If anyone else like me is in the UK email or phone when I'm back and I'll be armed with more tails from buying on the sunshine island.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Are we on the same planet here? Is the thread not "help anybody in Sicily"?

but if youve any information about buying in and living in Sicily, pray let us know via Benalmadena Pueblo,Spain.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Are we on the same planet here? Is the thread not "help anybody in Sicily"?

but if youve any information about buying in and living in Sicily, pray let us know via Benalmadena Pueblo,Spain.
I think the original poster was asking "Help!Anybody in Sicily ?!"
Seems like she was asking for help for herself.
Then someone comes along and asks another question on her thread and then moans cos no one is answering him.
If you have different problems, then start your own threads then you won`t get lost.....
Lol, I maybe a bit closer to the truth than you in Norwich.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Time to go time I think........... I'm on email or msn if anyones into Sicily.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.