British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   heating incentives (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/heating-incentives-935144/)

madmanonabike56 Oct 5th 2020 4:57 am

heating incentives

Hi - new to this forum, and although lived in France for 9 years, Italy will be a brand new experience. Looking at options for heating house, hot water, and cooking, in the UK there are incentives under the RHI scheme to install pellet burners, e.g. the Klover Smart pellet burner, whereby one receives cash back relating to kws used. Does anyone know of similar schemes, apart from ground source or solar, that operate in Italy please?

modicasa Oct 5th 2020 5:09 am

Re: heating incentives

Italian incentives schemes are based on year on year tax credits, which are pretty useless if you dont pay tax in Italy. At the moment there is a 50% incentive for energy efficient boilers - dont know whether pellets fall into this, It depends alot on whether your are replacing an existing system with a more efficient one, or just putting in a new one ,.

madmanonabike56 Oct 5th 2020 5:11 am

Thank you, the system would be new as there is no heating currently in the property, my local authority could help with details of any schemes I guess?

modicasa Oct 5th 2020 6:48 am

Fraid not - incentives are from central government and nothing to do with local authorities.
At the moment you can get tax credits on white goods, energy efficiency, doing up your facade, and seismic work - all run until December, but will probably be prorogued. There is also 110% incentive for some restoration but there are many caveats, and you wont qualify for the boiler one, so makes it difficult to qualify for the others. I guess you are not yet the owners of the house so at the moment there is nothing you can do. When you are and you have a geometra on board, he will eb able to advise you on what you can apply for - but the paperwork is heavy and the payments must be made by bank trasnfer from an italian bank account etc.
Beeston - Lived there for a year while at university - takes me back!

madmanonabike56 Oct 5th 2020 8:18 am

Thanks for the info - not too unlike France - every time we asked the Mairie a question, she always referred us to the Prefecture, should be ok with the paperwork, just a task to muddle through, but perseverance pays in any language, interesting comment re the geometra, so thanks for that. Beeston getting very busy now the students for Nottm Uni have returned, huge Chinese population here every year, but great to see them back ! Ciao

Listen Very Carefully Oct 6th 2020 11:20 am

I would second using a geometra so try to get a good reliable one A geometra in Italy is more than the geometre in France He/She will do all your planning applications will know the local planning people get you decent builders and ensure that the paperwork you need is topped and tailed and signed off and can help with utilities Note that most alterations to a house in Italy need permission and having someone on board who can do it for you but also do it properly is so important
Paperwork in France is a doddle compared to Italy so do not underestimate the task in front of you