Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Goodbye Mario. Thanks for the IMU.

Goodbye Mario. Thanks for the IMU.

Old Dec 8th 2012, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Goodbye Mario. Thanks for the IMU.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20656173
Old Dec 9th 2012, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye Mario. Thanks for the IMU.

ANd now we have old Uncle Steptoe plastered all over our screens, promising to abolish IMU and increasing the debt and making law ad personal. I feel physically sick. If you do too - join, share and spread 'Berlusconi not again' on Facebook - theres 2 months to stop the b&9=)2rd
Old Dec 9th 2012, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Juvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, where does Silvio get the balls to even consider coming back? LOL
the guy is unbelievable.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juvefan
OMG, where does Silvio get the balls to even consider coming back?
the guy is unbelievable.
BBC today reminded me that the Annunziata said a year ago 'beware the dead donkey. You think he's dead, and then he kicks you!'
The next few months promise to be quite entertaining. I don't think for one minute he'll be voted back.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Dec 9th 2012, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

What touching faith O'Nonno- he will promise to cancel IMU on prima casa and with the goldfish memory of the electorate he will have every chance of coming back. On the other hand, now Monti no longer has his hands tied and can say what he thinks, or run himself. It will be interesting, but we may be bankrupt by February...
Old Dec 9th 2012, 6:29 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juvefan
OMG, where does Silvio get the balls to even consider coming back? LOL
the guy is unbelievable.
One theory I have heard here in Bella Roma is he has to come back to politics to be able to avoid the sentence passed on him.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 6:33 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
On the other hand, now Monti no longer has his hands tied and can say what he thinks, or run himself. It will be interesting, but we may be bankrupt by February...
I think Monti is more likely to run for President than for another stint at PM. IMHO Bersani is likely to be next PM, possibly in coalition with the Left Ecology Freedom Party of Vendola. Be interesting to see whether 5SM and Grillo feature as major players in the election.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

I feel the same as Modicasa - physically sick at the thought of him coming back. I have warned my hubby that if this should happen then my bags will packed within 5 minutes of the announcement. However - reading alot of public comments online I think Ononno may be right - he wont get back in

I was talking to one of my students this week and she said that the problem is that alot of old people still think he's wonderful. Her sister is a social worker and helps (or tries as they have no money left) a lot of the older population. They tell her that things would be better if he came back.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

gelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud of

I know a lot of Italians who voted for him in the past and would vote for him again. And they're not old and not stupid. I just don't get it.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

casalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by gelato
I know a lot of Italians who voted for him in the past and would vote for him again. And they're not old and not stupid.
How can someone be not stupid and vote for berlusconi?
Old Dec 9th 2012, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Juvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond reputeJuvefan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
One theory I have heard here in Bella Roma is he has to come back to politics to be able to avoid the sentence passed on him.
yes, this is how he avoided jail last time, so to avoid it again, he runs again.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Berlusconi can't go to jail, if you remember he passed a law a couple of years ago saying that you couldnt go to jail if you were older than 75. He is now 76 - but he is likely to be found guilty not only of Rubygate but also of intercepting rivals phones and that is serious. He would be ineligible for public office for 6 years if he is found guilty - and that would make the shares in MEdiaset collapse. Thats why hes standing - to protect the family jewels.

I reckon Vendola will do poorly - the SEL is a minority party with a bit of the excommunists thrown in and the odd radical.
What is interesting is whether Monti will stand - I think he will, and the fall out from that will be fascinating. the IDV will collapse at the next election. If Monti stands then the hypocrite Casini becomes a pointless waste of space and the entire centre ground will be taken by Monti, which leaves the left of the left with BErsani, and the AN - right of the right split betweeen Berlo and the AN - at teh moment Meloni. Despite my disgust at the manouvring, cowardice and 'take my ball home' politics - it will be fascinating...
Old Dec 10th 2012, 6:39 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Berlusconi can't go to jail, if you remember he passed a law a couple of years ago saying that you couldnt go to jail if you were older than 75. He is now 76 - but he is likely to be found guilty not only of Rubygate but also of intercepting rivals phones and that is serious. He would be ineligible for public office for 6 years if he is found guilty - and that would make the shares in MEdiaset collapse. Thats why hes standing - to protect the family jewels.

I reckon Vendola will do poorly - the SEL is a minority party with a bit of the excommunists thrown in and the odd radical.
What is interesting is whether Monti will stand - I think he will, and the fall out from that will be fascinating. the IDV will collapse at the next election. If Monti stands then the hypocrite Casini becomes a pointless waste of space and the entire centre ground will be taken by Monti, which leaves the left of the left with BErsani, and the AN - right of the right split betweeen Berlo and the AN - at teh moment Meloni. Despite my disgust at the manouvring, cowardice and 'take my ball home' politics - it will be fascinating...
Don't disagree with any of that, Vendola could get about 6 % according to latest polls, add that to Bersani and you get roughly what PdL and LN had between them at the last election. However I agree with you about SEL but would point out calling any leading politician a hypocrite is assuredly tautology

IMHO they are all typical politicians, including Monti, and are behaving in their usual disgusting fashion (and in fairness I have to say that is not just here in Italy, the slime balls in all 3 major parties in the UK are no different).
Old Dec 10th 2012, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

true, but at least the slimeballs in the UK arent just rentagobs for the Vatican - and Monti is so far in the Papa's pocket he can probably --- complete as you see fit.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 8:58 am
Dunroaming back in UK

true, but at least the slimeballs in the UK arent just rentagobs for the Vatican - and Monti is so far in the Papa's pocket he can probably --- complete as you see fit.
OK, I didn't know he was that close to the Vatican but not personally a Monti fan as for me he is an economist with a political bent and that is as far from a genuine technocrat as it is possible to be with the singular exception of lawyers with political aspirations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.