Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

GONE QUIET ON HERE

GONE QUIET ON HERE

Old Apr 30th 2009, 6:29 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GONE QUIET ON HERE

Originally Posted by .Ariel.
Do you get to choose where you go to Kenny with the military?

I completely understand about the packing up!
I got thunder and hailstones too.
I turned the pc off .... just in case anything happens to it. It's not covered on the house insurance. I've been paying the damn thing for 9 years and never made a claim but you can bet your boots that as soon as I cancel it, the house will burn down or the boiler will explode and flood the place. Sod's law and all that.

I agree it has been a bit quiet on here recently.

Kenny - organise a date and a time for us all to get together in the Happy Hour thread to give you and Moe a bit of a send off. We can all cyber chat with a glass of wine. It might be the last you get for a while !
Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Hi - I'm back from the US (remeber all my passport woes?) - actaully i came back with a temperature/fever but just my usual tonsillitis probs not the dreaded mexican pig flu!

Am just getting over it all now (the fever and the US sojourn!)
Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:26 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

The Americans let you in then?

Welcome back. That was a quick trip. Buy anything like totally awesome and soooo cool dude
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:31 am
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future

Mark,
how long were you there?? about two days....... mind you that is long enough, so you are not one of the two italians with swine flu then I noticed in yesterdays Daily Mail that there are about 5 states in US that if you have been there and have the symptoms you should visit a doc, hope your safe
regards Kenny
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

debra is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kenny

I have not seen any reports in the local paper here, where in Italy are the reported cases?

By the way it was me bringing the expensive dog to Sardinia....................owners have decided to keep it here, don't want to fork out another 1000 sterling to send him back.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:45 am
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future

Debra - apologies I couldn't remember who it was with the dog.
the paper didn't say where but had a list of countries that had 'suspects' ie UK 15, Italy 2, Germany 1 etc etc. No gonna worry too much about it I must admit
Kenny
Old Apr 30th 2009, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Hi guys...oh no sorry, hullo chaps.
Yes was there for four whole days in all . very much a 'ponte' job but you have to make do.
Still had to fill in yet another form on the plane going over which asks all the same questions as the one I was told to do on-line 72 hours before leaving, which nobody asked for either. You still have to have your fingerprints and eyeballs scanned..what a pallaver!

Funnily they seemd to have played down the mexican flu thing over there, and when we get back here everyone's worried that we'd been wearing masks and things!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 10:40 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having problems with an idiot and need to make some changes for peace of mind. I've already mailed admin but I also need to stay off line for I while. I'm off to the u.k for mum's knee so I'll stay away then but I'm not missing Kenny and Moes farewell if I can get internet access. Kenny, if Moe was pregnant could you still go?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 12:09 pm
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Rosalind,
If Moe was pregnant she would have some explaining to do, I was 'chopped' about 20 years ago and she is on the wrong side of 50
but hypothetically it would not be looked at sympathetically as it is to do with cost, pre and post natal. Our sponsor, the Saudi Arabian National Guard would have to meet the cost which is horrendously expensive, they would probably refuse taking me on, and I could not go unaccompanied either.
regards Kenny
Old Apr 30th 2009, 12:53 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

The other reason it's going quiet is I think more people are heading over to Facebook - anyone on I don't already know about? If you want to be my friend just message me and I'll look you up!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:20 pm

[QUOTE - If Moe was pregnant she would have some explaining to do, I was 'chopped' about 20 years ago QUOTE]

Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
[QUOTE - If Moe was pregnant she would have some explaining to do, I was 'chopped' about 20 years ago QUOTE]

ROTFL
Old May 1st 2009, 12:56 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kenny and Moe
Rosalind,
If Moe was pregnant she would have some explaining to do, I was 'chopped' about 20 years ago and she is on the wrong side of 50
but hypothetically it would not be looked at sympathetically as it is to do with cost, pre and post natal. Our sponsor, the Saudi Arabian National Guard would have to meet the cost which is horrendously expensive, they would probably refuse taking me on, and I could not go unaccompanied either.
regards Kenny
A Saddam Hussein look alike working for the Saudi N.G. Wonder what they're going to make of you!
Old May 1st 2009, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Originally Posted by ROSALINDANN
A Saddam Hussein look alike working for the Saudi N.G. Wonder what they're going to make of you!
Kenny are you going mad on pizza and mozzarella on run up to the move? I know I am
Old May 1st 2009, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by .Ariel.
Kenny are you going mad on pizza and mozzarella on run up to the move? I know I am
Pizza ----- why? What's wrong with a big deep pan from Pizza Hut when you get back ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.