Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

GONE QUIET ON HERE

GONE QUIET ON HERE

Old Apr 29th 2009, 10:55 am
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future
Default GONE QUIET ON HERE

Good Afternoon All,
Is it just me or has it gone quiet on this forum over the last few weeks or is it that my circumstances have changed and I don't now have to ask any dumb questions and am therefore not waiting for answers. (Lorna and Testarossa must be well bored)
Or maybe it is that everyone either moving here, living here or leaving here is now very happy.........
Anyway the weather is getting nicer by the hour in Naples, hope you all have a good afternoon
Regards Kenny
Old Apr 29th 2009, 12:06 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GONE QUIET ON HERE

Peaceful......
Old Apr 29th 2009, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

debra is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it's grey and miserable here desperately need some decent weather.

Have you taken the dogs back to the UK? are you all set for Saudi?
Old Apr 29th 2009, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

selinuntina is on a distinguished road

Hello from Liverpool !!!
I thnk we've pinched all your nice weather but I'm sure you'll be getting it back soon
We are going back to Sicily on 27th May for 2 weeks. Got the flights for £33 return with Ryanair !!!
Still loving Liverpool, booked tickets this morning for DH and Step dad to take DS5 to Anfield to see the Memorial match in May. DS has become a big Liverpool fan much to the disgust of my brother (Man U).
I'm going to get my dog passport and papers sorted out whilst in Sicily so will probably be asking lots of advice on best way to get her back.
Ciao a dopo x
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:18 pm
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future

Debra - Yep the dogs are now back in UK although the clown at Calais was a lot puzzled by the second rabies jab saga. As for Saudi, no, have only just been accepted by the National Guard so it's blood tests next week for HIV, Hepatitis and the like, and more funny, Moe has to have a pregnancy test As for packing it is an ongoing project as you would expect.

Selinuntina - Is this the dog that has only just got here?? (Was that you??) at a cost of a small fortune. Ask away about the stuff for getting the dog back to UK, I am something of a seasoned expert now. There is an excellent check list now on the defra website (at long last).

Testarossa - very funny either you have your font set to white, your fingers have fallen off or you are quiet for a change............

have a good evening all, I'm off to start burning over 500 CDs onto a hard drive, CD's not allowed into Saudi
Regards Kenny
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

debra is an unknown quantity at this point

"Moe has to have a pregnancy test"

" can't bring cd's"

not forgetting the alcohol thing.............are you barking stay here
Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Selinuntina - Is this the dog that has only just got here?? (Was that you??) at a cost of a small fortune. Ask away about the stuff for getting the dog back to UK, I am something of a seasoned expert now. There is an excellent check list now on the defra website (at long last).
Not guilty sir. I have asked before though about taking her back to Uk and u gave me some very helpful advice
Latest is I thought I could bring her back on an Alitalia flight from Palermo to Heathrow and then she would have to stay in quarantine for 48 hours. DEFRA said they would send her straight back as its not an authroised route
Looks like I'll have to fly to Milan first then from Milan to manchester with British Airways Cargo.
Still have 6 months to save up
Old Apr 29th 2009, 5:17 pm
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Debra, have to move it's a job thing, military and all that...... Italy was a challenge when we got here and I'm sure Saudi will be the same. Lots of challenges, Moe can't drive there (but she gets her own car/driver/houseboy), has to cover herself in the Abaya (big black gown thingie!) when she is out and about, oh and the alcohol thing, now that will be a challenge

Selinuntina, my apologies but someone flew a dog back here a few weeks ago and it cost an arm and a leg........ would you not be better driving back with a dog, I appreciate it is a long way but seems a lot cheaper and less stressful for the dog, unless it appreciates sitting in the cargo hold and freezing it's nads off or other bits if it's a bitch of course otherwise I hope your saving up thing goes well, you may need it.....
regards Kenny
Old Apr 29th 2009, 5:30 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Tip your screen. Is it that unusual for me to be quiet...! Watch out for the "perfume" bottles in the streets in Saudi, unless there has been a change! My OH used to ship gazzillions of bottles of cheap parfum out there which was surprisingly high in alcohol content...! And it wasn't for the expats!

Words cannot express my sorrow at yet another Liverpool fan being created. I'm with your brother on this one!! I'm sure duffer will be along to balance things out at some point - he really has gone quiet!!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by selinuntina
Hello from Liverpool !!!

Still loving Liverpool, booked tickets this morning for DH and Step dad to take DS5 to Anfield to see the Memorial match in May.
Ciao a dopo x
Just saw the DS5. Hats off to you!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LivingHere
Just saw the DS5. Hats off to you!
I don't have 5 kids , I meant ds who is 5 !! I only have the 2 although that may become 3 within the next year
Testarossa - I tried to stop it but the pull of Liverpool has been to hard. It was my dear fathers biggest fear that when I have kids my step dad would win the battle of which team (my dad and sted dad had a great relationship by the way). At least DS will get to suport a team that wins things (they seem to be doing ok) unlike my poor uncles who were City fans
Old Apr 29th 2009, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Selinuntina, my apologies but someone flew a dog back here a few weeks ago and it cost an arm and a leg........ would you not be better driving back with a dog, I appreciate it is a long way but seems a lot cheaper and less stressful for the dog, unless it appreciates sitting in the cargo hold and freezing it's nads off or other bits if it's a bitch of course otherwise I hope your saving up thing goes well, you may need it.....
regards Kenny[/QUOTE]
Would be interested to see who it was and get some info. Will have to have a search. I'd love to drive but not sure if we could take the car abroad, its a mobility car so would have to check with them. Its something we will be considering though, I agree its better for the dog and she is a VIP for us
Old Apr 29th 2009, 7:48 pm
The Original Red Head!

Originally Posted by selinuntina
I don't have 5 kids , I meant ds who is 5 !! I only have the 2 although that may become 3 within the next year
Testarossa - I tried to stop it but the pull of Liverpool has been to hard. It was my dear fathers biggest fear that when I have kids my step dad would win the battle of which team (my dad and sted dad had a great relationship by the way). At least DS will get to suport a team that wins things (they seem to be doing ok) unlike my poor uncles who were City fans
YOU DIDN'T TRY HARD ENOUGH!! Feel better now! City roflmao - but then they could yet have last laugh with their new UAE owners instead a corrupt minister from wherever he was - he would have been better buying a team here in Italy - would have fitted right in without a problem!

When my daughter was born down in Sussex my son and OH both insisted that she be given no choice in who she supports!! I said you can't do that, if she wants to support Pompey or Brighton (!) she should be able to! Now we are here, well last year she went into school in my son's old Champions League Utd shirt from when they had won it LAST time the day after they won it last year!!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Do you get to choose where you go to Kenny with the military?

I completely understand about the packing up!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 6:24 am
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Ariel,
My wish list was an extension in Italy with a second choice of Saudi. Yes we can put in for a job but very rarely do we get the first choice that we want. I'm coming to the end of my time so they are probably being a bit more lenient with me than normal. At least I got something on my wish list, many don't.
How is your move plan going? I'm quite enjoying the packing thing in a wierd way, as we can only take a cubic metre to Saudi, lots of stuff has now been given away to Moes workmates. I, like most blokes, don't have enough stuff to give away
Regards Kenny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.