Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Scratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Garbatellamike / 37100 / Ononno,

Thanks for the replies. Can you listen to BBC radio channels with ex-pat shield?

Scratcher
Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Scratcher View Post

Thanks for the replies. Can you listen to BBC radio channels with ex-pat shield?

Scratcher
You can normally listen to them anyway. It is usually Five Live that is blocked when there is live sport. I use a different vpn and listen to the radio through it, but I don't listen to sport
Old Jan 31st 2013, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Scratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond repute

You can normally listen to them anyway. It is usually Five Live that is blocked when there is live sport. I use a different vpn and listen to the radio through it, but I don't listen to sport
It was the sport I was wanting to listen to.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 7:35 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scratcher View Post

Scratcher
yes - and if you google firstrowsport you can video stream lots for free too
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

max258x is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I'm new in the forum. I leave near Schio (VI) and need help from DUFFER who leaves in Vicenza.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 9:55 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I didn't reply earlier because I didn't see the magic word but then realised you were Italian and not used to please and thank you

I've sent you a PM in response to your query.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 11:39 am
Just Joined

dig-time is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, do you think I will able to view Sky It with RX890-c (amstrad uk version)?

If yes, can someone help me to correctly configure my dec?
I obtain always "No Signal" error..

thanx
Old Sep 5th 2013, 11:55 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

UK Sky box is for UK Sky only, it would only be good for free to air channels . Besides, it's defaulted to find the UK satellites at 28.2 degrees whereas Sky IT is at 13 degrees.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

cardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond reputecardi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer View Post
UK Sky box is for UK Sky only, it would only be good for free to air channels . Besides, it's defaulted to find the UK satellites at 28.2 degrees whereas Sky IT is at 13 degrees.
In theory you can load up to 50 non pre set channels onto a Sky box.
In practice I have never been able to tune a Sky box to any other satellite and view the channels.
I have ended up with a Sky box for normal viewing and a little cheap receiver on a different dish to view Hotbird.
I am in UK.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 8:06 am
Pull my finger

The UK Sky boxes are defaulted to obtain the signal only from Astra and Hotbird satellites at 28.2 and 28.5 degrees. Even in the technicians' menu, you can change only the transponder to obtain a better startup signal to get the EPG but even this defaults back everytime you switch on.

But I don't understand why you would want to use an old box for Sky IT when they give them away for free for a just a basic subscription.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Nortius Maximus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

What a lot of information here. I am hoping someone can help me please. I am in Rome and brought my SKY box with me. I am still paying a sub back home.

What type of dish will I need and where is a good place to get one in the Rome area? Thanks.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 7:33 am
Pull my finger

Probably best to wait until March before investing in a new dish because UK TV channels will be switching to a new satellite during February therefore a dish which is large enough to obtain the signal today might be too small in a few weeks. There might even be no change but at the moment nobody knows anything!!
Old Feb 4th 2014, 8:16 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nortius Maximus View Post
Hey, What type of dish will I need and where is a good place to get one in the Rome area? Thanks.
In respect of type, I would council the biggest dish you can get away installing. Particularly with the move to spot beams from the Satellite which will mean less power.

As a guestimate, you may well be talking a 3m dish in Rome, a 1m or 1.5m dish that might work in North Italy will, I suspect, not be sufficient here. Others may have practicla experience in this I am just talking from the theoretical.

I would also recommend that you be guided by Duffer in all things sat tv. Without doubt he has his fingers firmly on the pulse of this subject.

Not seen anywhere selling dishes in Rome but have not been looking - wil keep my eyes open.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 8:37 am
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
In respect of type, I would council the biggest dish you can get away installing. Particularly with the move to spot beams from the Satellite which will mean less power.

As a guestimate, you may well be talking a 3m dish in Rome, a 1m or 1.5m dish that might work in North Italy will, I suspect, not be sufficient here. Others may have practicla experience in this I am just talking from the theoretical.

I would also recommend that you be guided by Duffer in all things sat tv. Without doubt he has his fingers firmly on the pulse of this subject.

Not seen anywhere selling dishes in Rome but have not been looking - wil keep my eyes open.
Yes, you will probably need a very large dish to get ALL UK TV as previous reception reports state that no terrestrial channels, i.e. BBC and ITV can be received with a 1.0-1.2m dish. You may receive just the Sky subscription channels but you could always hook up the Sky receiver to a DD-WRT router with a UK VPN service and use the catch-up on demand services for BBC, etc.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Nortius Maximus is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info.

I'll probably just cancel my sub and watch the players with proxy IP's.

I had wanted it for the 6N's and other sports but there was some decent streams out there, certainly good enough to watch the pre-post and half time analysis. Watched the games with local TV and radio commentary.

Hard to justify the sub fee when I would only watch it periodically.

Thanks again for the help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.