Just Joined

simonofischia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Thanks all for answering my questions..most helpful
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

yellowdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Its probably just me but over the last week quite often I'm losing bbc channels.
ITV and C4 working fine then i change to the bbc and get no signal on bbc1 and 2 et all. Then it will come back after a while. Like I said, my decoder is over 5yrs old so it probably needs changing but I just wondered...
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:44 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowdog View Post
Its probably just me but over the last week quite often I'm losing bbc channels.
ITV and C4 working fine then i change to the bbc and get no signal on bbc1 and 2 et all. Then it will come back after a while. Like I said, my decoder is over 5yrs old so it probably needs changing but I just wondered...
Probably just you! I've had my bigger dish for almost 2 weeks now without any loss of signal. Depending on the BBC and ITV region, you should be able to receive both or neither. Having said that, on my smaller dish I used to lose the signal on BBC first followed by ITV about an hour later.

For C4 and C5 you shouldn't have much problem because they are broadcasting from a different satellite to BBC and ITV.

Maybe it's something to do with the clocks going forward?

Last edited by duffer; Apr 3rd 2008 at 1:46 pm. Reason: incomplete sentence
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

The signal in Spain has been worse for a while now also.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr View Post
The signal in Spain has been worse for a while now also.
The strange thing is that if I look at my signal and quality strength its still where its always been. Looking at the menu on screen the first one is always around 90-100% the second is pretty much fixed on 50%. Duffer: WHat are you getting?
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:47 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

The strange thing is that if I look at my signal and quality strength its still where its always been. Looking at the menu on screen the first one is always around 90-100% the second is pretty much fixed on 50%. Duffer: WHat are you getting?
Both the first and second are on 90% since the large dish has been installed however I have since learned that maybe this isn't an accurate indicator because the digibox is using a 'test' signal which maybe stronger than the signal for the BBC for example. Correct me if i'm wrong anyone.

There are also periods during the year in which you may notice weaker signal. I found this article to be quite interesting - http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/Noi...chor4293062540
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:51 pm
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by duffer View Post
Both the first and second are on 90% since the large dish has been installed however I have since learned that maybe this isn't an accurate indicator because the digibox is using a 'test' signal which maybe stronger than the signal for the BBC for example. Correct me if i'm wrong anyone.

There are also periods during the year in which you may notice weaker signal. I found this article to be quite interesting - http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/Noi...chor4293062540
To be honest I didn't actually read the article!
Except for the bit on Solar outtage!
Well the first couple of paragraphs only...
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

To be honest I didn't actually read the article!
Except for the bit on Solar outtage!
Well the first couple of paragraphs only...
Glad to hear it. I went to the site and thought well, Duffer must have time on his hands! A little long.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 3:11 pm
Pull my finger

Even if I did have time I'd give that article a miss. Sorry for even mentioning it! A bit too much information.
At what time did you lose the signal?
FWIW I watched the whole of the Roma - Man Ure match on ITV1 Tyne Tees region without experiencing loss of signal.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Even if I did have time I'd give that article a miss. Sorry for even mentioning it! A bit too much information.
At what time did you lose the signal?
FWIW I watched the whole of the Roma - Man Ure match on ITV1 Tyne Tees region without experiencing loss of signal.
Seems to be in the evening but that could be a coincidence I'll observe a little better over the w/end. I watched the game in its entirety without problems which was nice. I always enjoy the inferior(not) english teams sticking it to the italians. Even if it was Man U.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 3:21 pm
Pull my finger

Seems to be in the evening but that could be a coincidence I'll observe a little better over the w/end. I watched the game in its entirety without problems which was nice. I always enjoy the inferior(not) english teams sticking it to the italians. Even if it was Man U.
Yeah it was good to get to watch the Roma match on ITV on Tuesday and then the Liverpool match on Rai1 on Wednesday. Unfortunately from next season ITV will be showing the matches on Wednesdays also instead of Tuesdays.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah it was good to get to watch the Roma match on ITV on Tuesday and then the Liverpool match on Rai1 on Wednesday. Unfortunately from next season ITV will be showing the matches on Wednesdays also instead of Tuesdays.
Ah, didn't know that. Missed the pool game. I can't make my wife watch a footie game twice in two days. Anyway last night and this morning I'm still getting the no signal on bbc. Some times it comes on and then goes after 30 secs then it will come back and stay. Weird.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:56 pm
Pull my finger

Ah, didn't know that. Missed the pool game. I can't make my wife watch a footie game twice in two days. Anyway last night and this morning I'm still getting the no signal on bbc. Some times it comes on and then goes after 30 secs then it will come back and stay. Weird.
Maybe try another decoder?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:16 pm
Pull my finger

I've been informed that unless you have the Pace 430N then the digibox doesn't give an accurate indication of signal strength and quality, i.e. a Panasonic digibox may show signal quality of 90% but you could have a crap picture!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

I've been informed that unless you have the Pace 430N then the digibox doesn't give an accurate indication of signal strength and quality, i.e. a Panasonic digibox may show signal quality of 90% but you could have a crap picture!
Really. Well I'm helping some friends here in Genova install a dish so I'll see how it goes with that. They have a DS445NB.
BTW Duffer could I be so rude as to ask how much you paid for your dish and lnb etc without installation. Our friends have been quoted €190 but I'm not sure if thats just the dish or all the other bits included.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.