Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Getting mobile in Italy (car)

Getting mobile in Italy (car)

Old Mar 20th 2019, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

snowfox1812 has a spectacular aura aboutsnowfox1812 has a spectacular aura aboutsnowfox1812 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Getting mobile in Italy (car)

Hi, apologies for jumping on this thread but has anyone managed to get an “ATTESTATO DI RISCHIO” from Stuart Collins in the UK? I ask because I have converted my British car to Italian plates (previously insured with Stuart Collins) but I am having trouble getting the Attestato di rischio, so no Italian company is currently able to calculate my Classe Bonus Malus without starting at 14. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do. Thanks.
Old Mar 26th 2019, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of

For info, we've just got a second car and as this one is in my wife's name, we discovered she was able to make use of my CU class, I believe insurers refer to this as a right deriving from the "Decreto Bersani". It meant she effectively was able to benefit for my 3 years of experience in Italy and her insurance quote dropped a couple of hundred euros.
If you're looking for kasko completo for an older car, the only insurer I've found prepared to offer this on a consistent basis seems to be ConTe, occasionally Prima.it as well. Given the cost of buying a second hand car in Italy, I'm amazed people are prepared to risk only having third-party "RC" cover but then again none of the insurance comes cheap.
Old Mar 27th 2019, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

snowfox1812 has a spectacular aura aboutsnowfox1812 has a spectacular aura aboutsnowfox1812 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for letting me know, it will be useful in the future. I eventually got a broker of Allianz to accept my UK NCB and ended up with a CU 4, which I was very happy with. And yes it did bring the cost down considerably only TPFT but old car.