Reload this Page >

getting married in torino

getting married in torino

Old Jul 8th 2011, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

katiejane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default getting married in torino

Hi,

Im from Scotland and living in Torino with my fiance who is Italian. We are planning on getting married this september, here in Italy.

What forms do i need to get married here? its getting a bit confusing!

I have my passport, birth certificate, and my "to whom it may concern form" to show im not married. Do i need to obtain a Nulla Osta here from the british embassy in Milan also? as the town hall said we would need it, but when we have contacted the embassy in Milan they said we wouldnt as we have my papers saying im not married?

Any info would be much appreciate!! xxx
Old Jul 8th 2011, 12:58 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: getting married in torino

Originally Posted by katiejane
Hi,

Im from Scotland and living in Torino with my fiance who is Italian. We are planning on getting married this september, here in Italy.

What forms do i need to get married here? its getting a bit confusing!

I have my passport, birth certificate, and my "to whom it may concern form" to show im not married. Do i need to obtain a Nulla Osta here from the british embassy in Milan also? as the town hall said we would need it, but when we have contacted the embassy in Milan they said we wouldnt as we have my papers saying im not married?

Any info would be much appreciate!! xxx
Welcome to Italian bureaucracy.The comune obviously hasn't grasped the different rules for Scottish residents. Is it a small comune or Turin? It might be worth a trip into Turin if it's a small comune to see what they say. And is your Cert. of non-impediment translated into Italian?
Old Jul 8th 2011, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

katiejane is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the reply!

its in a small town in outside torino! .. the british embassy called me half hour after posted this post to say i need to go to milan to get the nulle osta afterall! but he said it wont take longer than 21 days to get it!

no my non impediment isnt translated into italian, would i need to do so? and who would do that for me?

thanks for the help! x
Old Jul 9th 2011, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck KatieJane - hope you have a lovely wedding - it'll all be worth it in the end
Old Jul 10th 2011, 4:06 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the reply!

its in a small town in outside torino! .. the british embassy called me half hour after posted this post to say i need to go to milan to get the nulle osta afterall! but he said it wont take longer than 21 days to get it!

no my non impediment isnt translated into italian, would i need to do so? and who would do that for me?

thanks for the help! x
*sigh* Some things never change. Your Cert of Non-impediment IS your nulla osta, but hey, if the embassy are willing to do another, all the better. 21 days is the standard time for publishing bands. I married way to0 long ago to be able to give you advice, but I doubt that the fact that ALL documents have to be in Italian has changed.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 6:47 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Hi Katiejane and congrats on your upcoming wedding.

Just a quick thought .... apart from all other things - do you know about the "separazione dei beni e comunione dei beni" because it is something that will have to be decided before the wedding day?