British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   Getting to Capri (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/getting-capri-943515/)

Lorna at Vicenza Apr 9th 2022 8:58 am

Getting to Capri

Hi everyone. My friend who used to be my neighbour but moved back to Australia years ago is hoping to come back to visit Italy this summer with her daughter. They'd like to visit Capri and wonder which is the best way to get there. From Naples? Sorrento? Anywhere else? She'll also need a "custodito" car park where she can leave the hire car for a few days.
We could of course ask Google, but I reckon your knowledge is better.
Thanks for any help.

modicasa Apr 10th 2022 4:54 am

Re: Getting to Capri

Naples is easier and you have the choice between hydrofoil or ferry, or hydrofoil from Mergellina. You can also go from Salerno.

spouse of scouse Apr 10th 2022 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 13106779)
Hi everyone. My friend who used to be my neighbour but moved back to Australia years ago is hoping to come back to visit Italy this summer with her daughter. They'd like to visit Capri and wonder which is the best way to get there. From Naples? Sorrento? Anywhere else? She'll also need a "custodito" car park where she can leave the hire car for a few days.
Thanks for any help.

I loved the hydrofoil Naples - Capri - Naples, so quick and such a friendly crew.

If your mate is prone to seasickness she might want to pack a sick bag though! I was wondering why the crew were busily handing them out as we approached Capri, but all became clear when we hit rough water. My husband and I were fine (as were many others) but the poor Russian lady directly in front of me wasn't. She was most grateful when I gave her a pack of wet-wipes to help with the clean up.

modicasa Apr 11th 2022 4:42 am

Sit at the back, right at the back and you'll feel much less ill.....

philat98 Apr 11th 2022 6:51 am

A week in this hotel would be OK.
https://www.villabrunella.it/

spouse of scouse Apr 11th 2022 11:26 am

Originally Posted by modicasa (Post 13107064)
Sit at the back, right at the back and you'll feel much less ill.....

:thumbup:

ononno Apr 12th 2022 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 13106779)
Thanks for any help.

Sorry I'm a bit late here, but was trying to work out a reply wthout breaching any advertising regulations.
The main terminals for all the transport companies, NLG, Alilauro, Caremar, are Sorrento, Naples Molo Beverrello, and Naples Mergfellina.
In Sorrento there is a large underground car park just by the harbour piers, b ut quite expensive.
The main underground car park is just off the town square Piazza Tasso, ask for Arturo or Il Principe, and get supervised 24/365 hour
parking at a discount.
Extensive parking available at Naples Molo Beverello, the main terminal for all carriers; and lots of private 'garages' offering a similar
service at Mergellina..
With a Caremar car ferry you could take your car to Capri, but parking there may be problematic and pricy.
Above all, hope your friend has a good and stress free holiday.
Saluti,
'o nonno.

Lorna at Vicenza Apr 15th 2022 8:01 am

Thanks everyone for such great help. I've passed your answers onto my friend who's very grateful too.