Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Gas and electricity suppliers

Gas and electricity suppliers

Old May 23rd 2023, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

dreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Gas and electricity suppliers

That is really helpful, thanks so much.
Old May 23rd 2023, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

A bill from A2A Energia arrived yesterday but we had never made a contract with them. The former supplier ENEL said the government had told them to move rural customers to A2A. ENEL moved the contract back again. It is a strange thing moving supplier without informing the customer.
Old May 23rd 2023, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

dreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by philat98
A bill from A2A Energia arrived yesterday but we had never made a contract with them. The former supplier ENEL said the government had told them to move rural customers to A2A. ENEL moved the contract back again. It is a strange thing moving supplier without informing the customer.
Only in Italy could that happen 😂😅😅
Old May 24th 2023, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

For GPL for the bombolone you will be paying a bit less than the GPL at the petrol station. At the moment it would cost about 80 cents a litre (IVA included)
Old May 24th 2023, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
For GPL for the bombolone you will be paying a bit less than the GPL at the petrol station. At the moment it would cost about 80 cents a litre (IVA included)
I paid €500 for 502L last Wednesday.
Old May 25th 2023, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes, I paid 720 for 800 litres a month ago.
Old May 26th 2023, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
Mains gas costs more than gpl. As to getting connected, it depends where you live and which company does infrastructure in your area.
Isn't it the other way around? I remember comparing my mains gas with my parents GPL bills a few years ago and it was about 3 times more expensive for them per unit.
Old May 26th 2023, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanNico
Isn't it the other way around? I remember comparing my mains gas with my parents GPL bills a few years ago and it was about 3 times more expensive for them per unit.
The cost of gas is fixed at 0,479694 euro/Smc for May 2023. The cost to the consumer of GPL is around €3/Smc making it about 6times more expensive(3.8litres of GPL in 1Smc).
You could make quite a good business out that difference.

Last edited by philat98; May 26th 2023 at 1:41 pm.
Old May 27th 2023, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

I dont doubt the figures, but would say that with mains gas you have all the associated standing charges and whatnot which puts your bill up alot. With GPL (and those of us who have GPL dont generally have the option for mains gas) you pay for the gas, and thats it.
As with electricity a difference in unit price between suppliers means virtually nothing when you still have all the other oneri on your bill. Personally I object to paying for Benettons photovoltaic panels which Renzi so helpfully made a domestic user pay for.

Last edited by modicasa; May 27th 2023 at 5:42 am.
Old May 27th 2023, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

I checked my ENI bill for Jan -Feb and 80smc of gas cost €102. That makes 1smc cost €1.275 including fixed costs. Thats around 30cents a litre. Still quite a bit cheaper than GPL.

Last edited by philat98; May 27th 2023 at 10:22 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2023, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Walton
We pay 26 euros per 25kg bombola
I've just come across this. I currently pay €55 for a 20kg bombola - and I have recently price-checked all local suppliers and know that to be the going rate here.
May I know, please, where you live and whether you buy a bombola ready-filled or you have refills?

Old Jun 15th 2023, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Walton is an unknown quantity at this point

We were recommended to switch to iren with a deal of 0.19c per Kw.....unfortunately after waiting 3 weeks I found out they couldn’t complete the contract.....the reason was that although I gave them an iban number to take the money directly from my account...the iban is from my prepaid superflash card....you need a current account to complete the contract......I haven’t had a current account for years and won’t get one just to switch to iren....so I spoke to enel (who we’ve been with for 16 years) and they recommended their flex tariff....the rate is F1 0.077 and F3 0.027.....it says fixed for a year so I think that’s a good rate....
Old Jun 15th 2023, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Pallino is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dreamo
As a slight aside. We have a bombola and having it filled is costing a fortune. We have an option to access mains gas from the road at the end of our driveway.
Does anybody know who we should speak to about putting in pipes etc and an idea of typical cost?
relative to the private tank of gas LPG , where are you? qule is your supplier ? I recently detached myself from the methane network, the costs were horrible !! , the gas in the network was rich in air, the heating power is less than 20% of the same as LPG , and I reactivated the LPG tank . I opened a contract with the company WTS ( Waler Tosto Serbatoi ) the same that produces the tanks for LPG , and I got a price of 0.77 euro per cubic meter -+ VAT = 0.94 eu/mc
Old Jun 15th 2023, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Walton
We were recommended to switch to iren with a deal of 0.19c per Kw.....unfortunately after waiting 3 weeks I found out they couldn’t complete the contract.....the reason was that although I gave them an iban number to take the money directly from my account...the iban is from my prepaid superflash card....you need a current account to complete the contract......I haven’t had a current account for years and won’t get one just to switch to iren....so I spoke to enel (who we’ve been with for 16 years) and they recommended their flex tariff....the rate is F1 0.077 and F3 0.027.....it says fixed for a year so I think that’s a good rate....
ENEL are very good if there is a fault and you can visit an office in your town.
Old Jun 16th 2023, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Walton is an unknown quantity at this point

We haven’t ever had a problem with Enel.....just their new tariff was awful......what they do hide in their Enel flex offer is what they show as a rate is actually an additional contribution to the PUN rate...which is variable