Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Gas and electricity suppliers

Gas and electricity suppliers

Old May 1st 2023, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Seldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond reputeSeldomseenkid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gas and electricity suppliers

I have recently saved money by changing mobile and broadband suppliers but now comes the big one. I have been with Enel and ENI for years and years and I just get the feeling I am probably overpaying. Does anybody have any suggestions for saving on these bills?
Old May 1st 2023, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Walton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gas and electricity suppliers

We have been with Enel ever since we moved here and found that they were pretty competitive until the other month I received an email from them saying that as from June the price per KW was going to be 0.489c .....so I guess I will be moving suppliers pretty soon....
Old May 1st 2023, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Walton
We have been with Enel ever since we moved here and found that they were pretty competitive until the other month I received an email from them saying that as from June the price per KW was going to be 0.489c .....so I guess I will be moving suppliers pretty soon....
Wow. At that price the ROI on solar panels must be in months as opposed to years
Old May 3rd 2023, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

šŸ˜‚ solar panels are too rich for my pockets unfortunately......got a good price from NeN at 0.13c per KW......obviously they donā€™t tell you that the price will fluctuate depending on the wholesale price of electricity
Old May 5th 2023, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

dreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Walton
šŸ˜‚ solar panels are too rich for my pockets unfortunately......got a good price from NeN at 0.13c per KW......obviously they donā€™t tell you that the price will fluctuate depending on the wholesale price of electricity
As a slight aside. We have a bombola and having it filled is costing a fortune. We have an option to access mains gas from the road at the end of our driveway.
Does anybody know who we should speak to about putting in pipes etc and an idea of typical cost?
Old May 9th 2023, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Mains gas costs more than gpl. As to getting connected, it depends where you live and which company does infrastructure in your area.
Old May 9th 2023, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

PSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond repute

I got a quote for laying the pipework down my track ....it was ā‚¬10,000 !! My track is some 250/300 mtrs. long

I'm still using a serbatoio (?) !
Old May 9th 2023, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

dreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PSG2014
I got a quote for laying the pipework down my track ....it was ā‚¬10,000 !! My track is some 250/300 mtrs. long

I'm still using a serbatoio (?) !
  • Thanks so much for your info. Not cheap is it! Food for thought. šŸ™
Old May 9th 2023, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by modicasa
Mains gas costs more than gpl. As to getting connected, it depends where you live and which company does infrastructure in your area.
weā€™re paying 5.128 per unit, how does that compare with you / others? šŸ¤”
Old May 20th 2023, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Hereā€™s another weird thing that has me trying to find a simple answer to....I am in the process of changing contracts for my electricity supply......I have looked at loads of offers and some are pretty good.....then you read the small print and it says ā€œbased on a consumption of 1700kw per yearā€ I wish our consumption was that low...so what happens to the price......do they hike it up for the difference between 1700 and your final consumption figure? Any idea from anyone please
Old May 21st 2023, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Logic would lead one to think the unit price above the 1700 should reduce but, much as I love Italy, Iā€™ve learned not to rely upon or trust logic! Hopefully someone else has something more helpful to add
Old May 21st 2023, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Would anyone be able to tell me what a competitive unit price for (bombola) gas is?
Old May 22nd 2023, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

We pay 26 euros per 25kg bombola
Old May 22nd 2023, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so much Walton. Iā€™m sorry my shockingly bad Italian- I meant the big tank in the gardenā€¦ā€¦.
Old May 22nd 2023, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

Comparative costs of energy suppliers can be found from a pleasingly straight forward site run by ARERA, which appears to be quasi or actually state run. You are able to input a number of variables such as your annual consumption (if known); whether you have a 3kW or 6kW supply; do you want a fixed or variable price; same price all day or dependent on time of day. The results are easily compared and from these one can see that the standing charges such as transport off the energy and use of the systems seem to be virtually the same which ever provider you look into.
You are able to use the site for providers of electricity, gas or both though I have only looked at this as an electricity user. The site has the advantage of not requiring you to provide an email or any contact information so no marketing of chase up calls after using the site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.