Wikiposts

Flights...

Old Dec 13th 2012, 12:24 am
Just Joined

missljw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights...

Hey,

I've tried looking through previous threads but can't find the answer. Now I know people don't like RyanAir but it is my only choice to get home! Lol Its the first flight me and my partner are taking to go home since we've been here (and I've only ever been on 2 other return flights in my life) so I'm not all that familiar with airports.

We are flying from Milan Bergamo to East midlands on 30th December. Do Ryanair have set seating that you will have on your ticket like my previous flights or is it you get on the plane and sit where you want? I know i've seen you can buy priority boarding. Im presuming it will be quite busy on the 30th with people travelling to and from near xmas and new year, and want to make sure me and my partner will be able to sit together.

Is Milan Bergamo quite a small airport? Is it easy to work out where you need to go once your in there? Also we will be parking there - i've read there is a shuttle bus from the parking to the airport, how often does this run, do you have to get it or is it actually not that far to walk/or even possible to walk?

Lastly, luggage - When I've been on previous flights they always ask if I have electronics in my hand luggage, this has always been a no. I'm taking my laptop with me this time so will be in my handluggage case, what difference does this make? Also are they strict about hand luggage weight?

Thankyou for any help - I'm sure it will all be fine but I worry about such little things!

Last edited by missljw; Dec 13th 2012 at 12:34 am.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights...

Hi, The airport is quite small and easy to navigate . We usually book our car into a carpark and take their shuttle bus , there are several around the airport . It is possible to park at the airport and walk to the terminal but it is pricey . I think you have to pay Ryanair to pick your seat otherwise just make sure you are in plenty of time and are in queue promptly . They wil let the laptop in your handluggage but they are very very rigid on weight and handbaggage size . Last time I flew from Bergamo you could also carry on a plastic duty free bag and people had quite large ones !
Old Dec 13th 2012, 1:16 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missljw
Hey,

I've tried looking through previous threads but can't find the answer. Now I know people don't like RyanAir but it is my only choice to get home! Lol Its the first flight me and my partner are taking to go home since we've been here (and I've only ever been on 2 other return flights in my life) so I'm not all that familiar with airports.

We are flying from Milan Bergamo to East midlands on 30th December. Do Ryanair have set seating that you will have on your ticket like my previous flights or is it you get on the plane and sit where you want? I know i've seen you can buy priority boarding. Im presuming it will be quite busy on the 30th with people travelling to and from near xmas and new year, and want to make sure me and my partner will be able to sit together.

Is Milan Bergamo quite a small airport? Is it easy to work out where you need to go once your in there? Also we will be parking there - i've read there is a shuttle bus from the parking to the airport, how often does this run, do you have to get it or is it actually not that far to walk/or even possible to walk?

Lastly, luggage - When I've been on previous flights they always ask if I have electronics in my hand luggage, this has always been a no. I'm taking my laptop with me this time so will be in my handluggage case, what difference does this make? Also are they strict about hand luggage weight?

Thankyou for any help - I'm sure it will all be fine but I worry about such little things!
I use Ryanair. I'm an Essex girl, but my mum lives in Lancs. Bergamo is a small airport, but airport side, it's quite big. It's easy to navigate. Ryanair usually operates a one queue system at check-in, but not always. Allow youself enough time because you have to queue to go through to airside and again to show your passport for the gate, it can get quite busy. If you are early, dump your luggage and walk under the motorway to the shopping centre on the other side. Better quality/value food and drinks. The underpass is on the road, by the bus stop.

Don't know which airport parking you are using so I can't say about time etc. If it's the airports low cost one. No, you can't walk it. It's not that far, but way too dangerous. I don't know the times of their shuttle, but it always coming and going.

Some of Ryanair flights do offer seat numbers. Not one I've been on though. I never buy priority seating and have never had a problem sitting with OH even on a full plane. We head for the middle. Nobody seems to want to sit there.

You can take a laptop on as part of your hand luggage. You might be asked to show how it works -to check it your's etc. Stick to Ryan's rules. Do not go over you weight limit. You will be charged (unless you paid full wack for your ticket) and they check the size of your hand luggage again at the gate. If it's too big or you have more than one piece, you'll have to pay.

Save journey.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 1:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Hi, The airport is quite small and easy to navigate . We usually book our car into a carpark and take their shuttle bus , there are several around the airport . It is possible to park at the airport and walk to the terminal but it is pricey . I think you have to pay Ryanair to pick your seat otherwise just make sure you are in plenty of time and are in queue promptly . They wil let the laptop in your handluggage but they are very very rigid on weight and handbaggage size . Last time I flew from Bergamo you could also carry on a plastic duty free bag and people had quite large ones !
Thanks. Which car park would you recommend? I was just about to book the one that is through the Ryanair website but just making sure there isnt one thats any better?

Will be making sure we are there nice and early! Our flight is at 10.30 and we have a 2hour drive so its gonna be a fun morning
Old Dec 13th 2012, 1:20 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Which car park would you recommend? I was just about to book the one that is through the Ryanair website but just making sure there isnt one thats any better?

Will be making sure we are there nice and early! Our flight is at 10.30 and we have a 2hour drive so its gonna be a fun morning
I'd use the airport's lowcost one and I'd book through the airport site. There is cheaper on-site long stay that you can walk from. No idea how much it is though. Don't know anything about the other non-airport parking. Never used them.

Last edited by 37100; Dec 13th 2012 at 1:25 am.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 1:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 37100
I use Ryanair. I'm an Essex girl, but my mum lives in Lancs. Bergamo is a small airport, but airport side, it's quite big. It's easy to navigate. Ryanair usually operates a one queue system at check-in, but not always. Allow youself enough time because you have to queue to go through to airside and again to show your passport for the gate, it can get quite busy. If you are early, dump your luggage and walk under the motorway to the shopping centre on the other side. Better quality/value food and drinks. The underpass is on the road, by the bus stop.

Don't know which airport parking you are using so I can't say about time etc. If it's the airports low cost one. No, you can't walk it. It's not that far, but way too dangerous. I don't know the times of their shuttle, but it always coming and going.

Some of Ryanair flights do offer seat numbers. Not one I've been on though. I never buy priority seating and have never had a problem sitting with OH even on a full plane. We head for the middle. Nobody seems to want to sit there.

You can take a laptop on as part of your hand luggage. You might be asked to show how it works -to check it your's etc. Stick to Ryan's rules. Do not go over you weight limit. You will be charged (unless you paid full wack for your ticket) and they check the size of your hand luggage again at the gate. If it's too big or you have more than one piece, you'll have to pay.

Save journey.
Thankyou! I shall definitely make sure i arrive in time.. even if I dont get any sleep the night before - I worry there will be tons of traffic or something on the way so will allow plenty of time.

Ah thats fine, I was booking the one through RyanAir which i presume is the low cost one?

Atleast there shouldnt be a problem with sitting together then, i'll just have to push past if I have too

I will have to buy some scales to weigh my suitcases... Im a bugger for taking stuff I dont need to

Thanks again!!
Old Dec 13th 2012, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

I have used http://www.parktofly.it/S_BGY.php
They are very nice people and very efficient
Old Dec 13th 2012, 1:27 am
Concierge

Thankyou! I shall definitely make sure i arrive in time.. even if I dont get any sleep the night before - I worry there will be tons of traffic or something on the way so will allow plenty of time.

Ah thats fine, I was booking the one through RyanAir which i presume is the low cost one?

Atleast there shouldnt be a problem with sitting together then, i'll just have to push past if I have too

I will have to buy some scales to weigh my suitcases... Im a bugger for taking stuff I dont need to

Thanks again!!
Cross post. No, the airport has there own low cost parking on the otherside of the runway.

p.s. Hadenoughs parking is good too. There are quite a few dotted around.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 1:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 37100
Cross post. No, the airport has there own low cost parking on the otherside of the runway.
Where can I book this through?
Old Dec 13th 2012, 1:30 am
Concierge

Where can I book this through?
hang on a sec.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 1:32 am
Concierge

http://www.sacbo.it/Editorial/newsCa...itorialID=8679
Old Dec 13th 2012, 1:34 am
Just Joined

Thats fab, thanks!!
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

profsid is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I too am flying with Ryan air, I only have handluggage (I know I'll be careful), do I need to check-n as I have done it online ? Do i go straight for the gate or do I have to queue up at check in? Thanks
Old Dec 13th 2012, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

You go straight to the gate if you have your boarding pass and only hand luggage. Make sure you do print off your boarding pass as Ryanair charge you heavily to have it done at the airport.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 6:16 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

and the Ryanair staff will tear a strip off your boarding pass, (the A4 sized piece of paper that you print out), but keep the other bit with you. You'll be expected to show it again at boarding and again at the door of the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.