British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   Experience of non-EU travellers into Italy. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/experience-non-eu-travellers-into-italy-940476/)

Plan B Sep 4th 2021 9:10 am

Experience of non-EU travellers into Italy.

At last, we had visitors!! Picked up my younger daughter and her companion from Venice airport yesterday. They flew in after 4 days in Greece; neither of them are EU passport holders but there were absolutely no checks at all. No request to see their pre-flight anti-Covid tests; no Passenger Locator form requested: no NHS or Green Pass certificates requested. I don't know if the experience would be different if it were a UK flight as opposed to an inter-EU flight, but even going through the non-EU passport control there was zero interest shown. They just breezed through as swiftly as they would have done 2 years ago.

Johnbologna63 Sep 8th 2021 9:15 pm

Re: Experience of non-EU travellers into Italy.

Were they checked when they arrived from the non EU country to Greece?

Plan B Sep 9th 2021 9:45 am

they only showed their passports as they went through the non-EU passport control channel.

pugliese Sep 11th 2021 6:07 pm

My sister has just been over on a direct Ryanair flight Stanstead to Brindisi and they only wanted to see her passport in Italy. With Ryanair however, you have to upload your COVID certificate when you download the boarding passes.

It's a lot more hassle when you go back to the UK.

tpw21 Sep 13th 2021 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by pugliese (Post 13050310)
My sister has just been over on a direct Ryanair flight Stanstead to Brindisi and they only wanted to see her passport in Italy. With Ryanair however, you have to upload your COVID certificate when you download the boarding passes.

It's a lot more hassle when you go back to the UK.

The Ryanair uploading of documents isn’t mandatory - they are used if you wish to show them digitally.
I’ve flown into the UK a couple of times over the last few weeks and no one there checked anything - in fact I didn’t even come into contact with a border official.

SanNico Sep 13th 2021 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by tpw21 (Post 13050785)
The Ryanair uploading of documents isn’t mandatory - they are used if you wish to show them digitally.
I’ve flown into the UK a couple of times over the last few weeks and no one there checked anything - in fact I didn’t even come into contact with a border official.

It's because the PLF is linked to your passport number. I had to use the 'All other countries' queue a couple of weeks ago and offered my PLF paperwork. The guard told me there was no need as he could already see it when he scanned my passport.
A month earlier I was rejected at the e-gate and directed to the manual check because my PLF showed an anomaly . The anomaly was that I had not booked a day 2 test.