Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Expats in the Salerno area

Expats in the Salerno area

Old May 17th 2016, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Nick1971 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expats in the Salerno area

Hi all. I too will be arriving in Salerno within the next couple of months. That is, hopefully, if things go smoothly with the finalising of me and my ex's house sale.
I am also quite fluent in Italian, as both my parents were originally from Salerno and growing up, spent many a summer in the region.
I will be staying with family for a while, but have managed to line up a potential interview as a teaching assistant in an English language school called 'The British Institute School'.
I applied via email and offered to volunteer for a while, so as to gauge if I'd be suitable for the job. I once volunteered as a teaching assistant in my old primary school in London, and enjoyed the experience.
I have always wanted to live in the sun, and so, at this stage in my life, with little to lose, I'm going to take the plunge.
I wanted to work & live in Spain initially, but thought that as I speak fairly fluently, including the local dialect, I'd give it a go in Salerno, as I was going to have a holiday there at some point, to catch up with family I haven't seen is many years.
Hello to all of you out there, one of whome I've already conversed with. (Ononno)
I'll let you know how it all goes.
Sorry if it seems like I've just hijacked this old thread.
But being as I have so many fond memories of Salerno, and that I'll be going there soon, I just couldn't resist.
Ciao tutti.
Old Nov 27th 2016, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Giulia77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nick! Finally, have you moved to Salerno??
Originally Posted by Nick1971
Hi all. I too will be arriving in Salerno within the next couple of months. That is, hopefully, if things go smoothly with the finalising of me and my ex's house sale.
I am also quite fluent in Italian, as both my parents were originally from Salerno and growing up, spent many a summer in the region.
I will be staying with family for a while, but have managed to line up a potential interview as a teaching assistant in an English language school called 'The British Institute School'.
I applied via email and offered to volunteer for a while, so as to gauge if I'd be suitable for the job. I once volunteered as a teaching assistant in my old primary school in London, and enjoyed the experience.
I have always wanted to live in the sun, and so, at this stage in my life, with little to lose, I'm going to take the plunge.
I wanted to work & live in Spain initially, but thought that as I speak fairly fluently, including the local dialect, I'd give it a go in Salerno, as I was going to have a holiday there at some point, to catch up with family I haven't seen is many years.
Hello to all of you out there, one of whome I've already conversed with. (Ononno)
I'll let you know how it all goes.
Sorry if it seems like I've just hijacked this old thread.
But being as I have so many fond memories of Salerno, and that I'll be going there soon, I just couldn't resist.
Ciao tutti.
I' m Italian and I live in Salerno!
Originally Posted by Scozzese
Hi,
I'm still around! Welcome to Salerno 😊

Would be delighted to meet up. I'm also a British woman. What area do you live in?

Scozzese

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 29th 2016 at 3:53 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Giulia77
Hi Nick! Finally, have you moved to Salerno??
Hi Giulia.
I've had to postpone my move until after Xmas due to a variety of reasons, including family illness.
I'm hoping to make it, if only to catch up with family, around spring time or earlier.
How is the old place?
Tutto bene?
Nico.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 9:27 am
Just Joined

luwilkinson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neive
Hi I moved to the Cilento region of Italy in October and would very much like to make contact with any British or English speaking Expats in the area. I live in Santa Maria di Castellabate.
Hello I'm a british 33 year old coming to stay in Salerno over the summer from the Easter period. I would love to meet other English speakers in and around the area xx
Old Feb 24th 2017, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Would be delighted to meet up. I'm also a British woman. What area do you live in?

Scozzese
Hello, I'm a 33 British woman too and due to come to Salerno from Easter to end of summer. We have family there and I am on maternity leave for the year. Would be great to meet friends while I am there xx
Old Feb 25th 2017, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Scozzese
Also me.... if youre still up for meeting new people!
Old Apr 27th 2017, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Ted35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ciao tutti

Thanks for everyone's comments - really useful thread. I'm coming to Salerno in June for at least the summer and maybe longer. Realise finding work is very tricky. Would be great to meet some native English speakers to hang out with. A dopo Ted
Old Apr 27th 2017, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by luwilkinson
Also me.... if youre still up for meeting new people!
Hey! I'm here....
Joined the gym today in Salerno, my first Daughter is in school every morning, and I'm now looking at how I can improve my Italian as it's dire!
Who is up for a coffee and when? I have transport so can come to you. x
Old Apr 27th 2017, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LITTLEFISH35
Dear All

I am a British lady who has just started a new job in Salerno. Are there any English people in the city who would like to meet up for a coffee or a walk somewhere?
Are you still in Salerno? x
Old Apr 27th 2017, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ted35
Ciao tutti

Thanks for everyone's comments - really useful thread. I'm coming to Salerno in June for at least the summer and maybe longer. Realise finding work is very tricky. Would be great to meet some native English speakers to hang out with. A dopo Ted
Hey Ted I'll be around in June! Albeit with a bubba in tow during the day! Happy to meet for a drink or I can introduce you to the best ice cream place on the front! � ����
Old May 3rd 2017, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Ted35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great planning to arrive in mid June and living on a boat in the marina. Look forward to trying the ice cream!
Old May 7th 2017, 3:22 am
Just Joined

Great planning to arrive in mid June and living on a boat in the marina. Look forward to trying the ice cream!

Oh sounds like you're going to have a great time here! I love the marina and waking up to the sounds of the birds and masts clacking... very jealous!
Give me whatsapp on 07845247376 when you're here x
Old May 9th 2017, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Lucky man!
My family and I used go swimming not far from the marina when I was a kid, that was in the 70's & 80,s.
My father was in the ice cream business & we used to make our own blue ribbon awarded ice cream & ice lollies at home in our cellar!
So make sure your ice cream is made in the proper Carpigiani, or it wont taste authentic!
Still looking to get out there sometime this year but I still have hospital appointments & physiotherapy for the next few weeks.
Also there is a general election i need to vote in...
Although what I really need is swimming therapy, so I'm tempted to forgo hospital physio, and opt for hydrotherapy in Palinuro, Paestum or Castelamare!
If I do make it out there, i'll certainly meetup anyone who wants to!
Ciao tutti...
Nick.
Old May 9th 2017, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nick1971
Lucky man!
My family and I used go swimming not far from the marina when I was a kid, that was in the 70's & 80,s.
My father was in the ice cream business & we used to make our own blue ribbon awarded ice cream & ice lollies at home in our cellar!
So make sure your ice cream is made in the proper Carpigiani, or it wont taste authentic!
Still looking to get out there sometime this year but I still have hospital appointments & physiotherapy for the next few weeks.
Also there is a general election i need to vote in...
Although what I really need is swimming therapy, so I'm tempted to forgo hospital physio, and opt for hydrotherapy in Palinuro, Paestum or Castelamare!
If I do make it out there, i'll certainly meetup anyone who wants to!
Ciao tutti...
Nick.
I'm around! 🙋🏼 Seems it quite difficult to meet people in Salerno so far... regarding the ice cream, there's a great bar on the front and in the suburbs called Neptuno bar and the pistachio and ricotta is to die for. 😃
Old May 11th 2017, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by luwilkinson
I'm around! 🙋🏼 Seems it quite difficult to meet people in Salerno so far... regarding the ice cream, there's a great bar on the front and in the suburbs called Neptuno bar and the pistachio and ricotta is to die for. 😃
Pistachio is one of my favourite ice creams but my absolute favourite has to be coconut!
Like I said, I'd be happy to meet up, if I manage to get there at all!
I've been aiming to get out there for a while now but due to family issues, (including bereavement), and health issues, it's made it impossible.
Also, unfortunately, the NHS is up the creek over here and they have not even sent my physio appointment yet!
I'm aiming now for July or August, although that also depends on if I need a second laser vision correction procedure, which I should know by the end of next week.
Anyway, fingers crossed...
Ciao.
Nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.