EXPAT VICTORY

Old Feb 24th 2020, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all
Thumbs up EXPAT VICTORY

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/110262...right-to-vote/
Old Feb 24th 2020, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EXPAT VICTORY

Victory ? I would say that you should be resident to vote !
Old Feb 24th 2020, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Victory ? I would say that you should be resident to vote !
They only let us residents vote for the mayor in Italy. In my comune that is a choice between Meloni and Salvini.

Last edited by philat98; Feb 24th 2020 at 6:57 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2020, 7:10 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Nice! .... The last UK election I was allowed to vote in was the Brexit referendum
Old Feb 25th 2020, 12:27 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

This has been rumbling on for a long time. It was in the 2015 Tory manifesto but no-one bothered to give it any priority with the previous Brexit gridlock. Boris has the majority to put it through but he still needs to make the Parliamentary time. The last bill limped along for two years but died before it got to third reading.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

I believe that people should be able to vote where they live, regardless of nationality, after say one year of registered presence. It's the Italian government that makes the decisions that directly affect us.
Ofcourse, in exchange foreigners in Britain should have the right to vote in British elections

In the last Eurpean elections, EU residents in Britain who.wanted to exercise their right to vote in Britain often had difficulty in doing so because they had to fill in forms to declare that they would not also be voting in their own country. In some cases forms didn't arrive in time and they were turned away from the polling station.. I was in the opposite situation and decided to vote in the Italian Euro-elections. No one asked me to fill in any form.