Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Exchanging Italian Licence Back to UK One (one day)

Exchanging Italian Licence Back to UK One (one day)

Old Nov 10th 2020, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future
Default Exchanging Italian Licence Back to UK One (one day)

Has it been said that those with a GB licence number who’ve converted their UK licence to an EU one before the end of the transition period would be able to convert back to a Uk one in the future without taking a test?

The only thing I’ve ever seen is that it is possible for but but the rules might change - surely they wouldn’t make those with a GB licence number retake a test, would they?!
Old Nov 10th 2020, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of
Default Re: Exchanging Italian Licence Back to UK One (one day)

I wouldn't be surprised if they did to be honest, based on all the unintended/unannounced consequences of the B-word.

However, I recently exchanged my Italian licence back to a UK one (having converted to Italian 5 years ago) without any problems and without any charge.
Old Nov 10th 2020, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

I would have a look on the UK Gov site here. I'm sure the UK said they would recognise any EU licence regardless of any agreement, but the EU did not.
Old Nov 11th 2020, 1:11 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tpw21
Has it been said that those with a GB licence number who’ve converted their UK licence to an EU one before the end of the transition period would be able to convert back to a Uk one in the future without taking a test?

The only thing I’ve ever seen is that it is possible for but but the rules might change - surely they wouldn’t make those with a GB licence number retake a test, would they?!
Never say never, but as the DVLA holds records of driving tests taken in the UK they can issue a certificate of entitlement should ever have problems reconverting your license.

Last edited by 37100; Nov 11th 2020 at 1:15 pm.