British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   Ex pat stats in the Veneto (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/ex-pat-stats-veneto-404827/)

mazi Oct 28th 2006 3:57 pm

Ex pat stats in the Veneto

I am trying to compile a list of the ex pat demographic in the Veneto (areas close to Treviso in particular) area. Anyone have any idea how many Brits, Irish, Americans, Canadians, NZers, Aussies, South Africans etc. there are here? I'd like numbers on the nationalities individually if poss rather than a total.

Clarky7 Jan 3rd 2007 2:53 pm

Re: Ex pat stats in the Veneto

Hi,

I live in Vicenza and I can tell you I know one other Brit in this town. As for Americans, there's a population of about 3,000.

Wayne

mazi Jan 13th 2007 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Clarky7 (Post 4246224)
Hi,

I live in Vicenza and I can tell you I know one other Brit in this town. As for Americans, there's a population of about 3,000.

Wayne

Why so many Americans? Are they military?

CarrieW Jan 14th 2007 9:08 am

Originally Posted by mazi (Post 4279997)
Why so many Americans? Are they military?

There is an American military base in Vicenza, so that would explain the number of Americans in this region. I also know of quite a few non military Americans in this area.

mazi Jan 18th 2007 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by CarrieW (Post 4282190)
There is an American military base in Vicenza, so that would explain the number of Americans in this region. I also know of quite a few non military Americans in this area.

Ah. Military demographic doesn't really fit my purpose. Thanks for the info though. Anyone got any further ideas about ex pat stats?

PilarThompson May 6th 2007 1:45 pm

I am an American and my husband is English. We live in a town just outside of Treviso. To be honest we only know of one other British family and one other American one. My husband is in contact with the British consulate in Venice and they could not give us much information of expats around here. Sorry....

mazi May 8th 2007 11:26 am

Originally Posted by PilarThompson (Post 4744119)
I am an American and my husband is English. We live in a town just outside of Treviso. To be honest we only know of one other British family and one other American one. My husband is in contact with the British consulate in Venice and they could not give us much information of expats around here. Sorry....

Which town outside Trevsio? Pm me if you don't want to say on open forum.

PilarThompson May 8th 2007 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by mazi (Post 4751784)
Which town outside Trevsio? Pm me if you don't want to say on open forum.

No worries. We live in Roncade. The other families live in Treviso itself and Mogliano. Hope that helps

mazi May 8th 2007 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by PilarThompson (Post 4751926)
No worries. We live in Roncade. The other families live in Treviso itself and Mogliano. Hope that helps

Thanks, have sent you a PM