Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

European Elections

European Elections

Old Feb 15th 2009, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough
Default European Elections

I have just received a letter from the comune saying that I have the right to vote in the European Elections in June. I need to return a form to the comune to be registered. Thought I would mention it here out of interest and in case there is anyone else who also has the right but hasn't heard anything. The letter states that I can vote because I am an EU citizen resident in Italy. The only other condition is that I don't also vote in the UK
Old Feb 15th 2009, 12:26 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: European Elections

I got the same letter too ........ it also states that I can ONLY vote for the Italian delegates as an Italian resident and not the UK ones
Old Feb 15th 2009, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

VOTE FOR ME
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

I got the letter too - but as Italian politicans are the highest paid in the European Union I figure they dont need my vote
Letter and bin are now bestest of friends
Old Feb 16th 2009, 11:39 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LivingHere
I have just received a letter from the comune saying that I have the right to vote in the European Elections in June. I need to return a form to the comune to be registered. Thought I would mention it here out of interest and in case there is anyone else who also has the right but hasn't heard anything. The letter states that I can vote because I am an EU citizen resident in Italy. The only other condition is that I don't also vote in the UK
Do you think anyone would notice? Having voted for ten years in Italian elections without being a citizen then another ten with a wrongly spelt name I doubt it.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

lindaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi What or who is actually being voted for in these elections? Thanks
Old Feb 26th 2009, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

giuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nice

I got the letter too!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Didn't get a letter - probably because I've already done it 2 or 3 times before. There was even an advert on the telly about being to be able to vote in EC elections - it said that if you'd done it before then you don't need to do anything.
I then received a postcard from the comune saying I should ring them as they wanted to know the last place I'd voted in UK! ..couldn't even remember.

I've got a voting 'tessera' thing anyway which you have to take with you.

"Funny looks" are guaranteed by the election booth people who have to look you up in a different list or something. They'll make you feel awkward.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:56 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a voting tessera then you're already on the books.

I never was as I never asked for one.

I don't even remember now when voting was or is .......... the letter from the Comune ended up in the bin.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Tsk Tsk ... make an effort for the Europeans at least!

I think we get to do the mayor and his fogies too.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Tsk Tsk ... make an effort for the Europeans at least!

I think we get to do the mayor and his fogies too.
Doesn't Italy have enough delegates in Europe?

In fact doesn't Italy have more political bodies than any other country in Europe? And with much higher salaries ?

Can you tell I know nothing about politics.

Every time I try to get grips with Italian politics it all goes pear shaped and starts again ...................
Old Apr 14th 2009, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

For me it's just a question of principles. You've got the right to vote so use it (wisely).

The day they give us the right to vote in national elections (like, never) I'll be first in the queue! .