Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Europe / Italy / Sicily?

Europe / Italy / Sicily?

Old Feb 25th 2012, 12:17 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Europe / Italy / Sicily?

Originally Posted by 6monthshere6monthsthere
Lots of your members have left, I know this as I emailed everyone that posted on Sicily and found that the issue was the same for many.

I got messages back with alternate places to go, hence the reason I have not been on here for 3 months and the people who gave me the info the same.

6 months after asking directions from Palermo to Catania, it is still relevant to someone who is looking to fly to sicily and wondering how to travel between the main cities.

Anyway, your site is pushing members away
Perhaps you have forgotten that British Expats caters to people in over 20 different countries and also includes forums on visas and immigration - which fortunately we do not need to be able to live in Italy. It is not just about Italy or Sicily.
So your idea of a separate forum for one small island in the whole world didn't work on this particular website - throw your toys out of the pram if you like. Without this website you would not have had the chance to find our other members and be able to email them.

With dozens of new members joining BE every week, sometimes every day, I'd hardly say that members are getting pushed away.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 12:50 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of your members have left, I know this as I emailed everyone that posted on Sicily and found that the issue was the same for many.

I got messages back with alternate places to go, hence the reason I have not been on here for 3 months and the people who gave me the info the same.

6 months after asking directions from Palermo to Catania, it is still relevant to someone who is looking to fly to sicily and wondering how to travel between the main cities.

Anyway, your site is pushing members away
Hahaha! You deranged fool!

Please please please let's have a Sicily forum so we can post something really interesting every 4 months!
Old Feb 25th 2012, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

kabela is an unknown quantity at this point

we do need to get posting again here as i miss it . Cianciana here we come in March and again in April yipppeee
Old Feb 25th 2012, 2:50 pm
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
Hahaha! You deranged fool!

Please please please let's have a Sicily forum so we can post something really interesting every 4 months!
And this is why facebook groups are better

Since asked, I re posted on here as I found someone had sent me a personal message
Old Feb 26th 2012, 10:58 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Since asked, I re posted on here as I found someone had sent me a personal message
And you want to sell your car.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 11:31 am
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

I am more than happy to go back to the uk with it with a couple of pals...

Again, its something that could help someone out, EITHER works for me

1 means I get to do a road trip, which I ENJOY, spend a week in the UK
The other means, i can fly from Italy staight to Brazil
Old Feb 27th 2012, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice

Feel the need to add my tuppence worth here.....

I don't post on here that often mainly I am not officially an expat yet but do browse the various threads from time to time as I am bit nosy really as to how others have embraced life in Italy.

I find this a very friendly and informative Forum, if you come on to a site like this with attitude then you are just asking for trouble!
Old Feb 27th 2012, 10:15 pm
Banned

I have zip attitude

The site is not as useful as it could be
I emailed the mods and all members who were in Sicily and got feedback
I got replies from members who had left and now use other sites.

Simples

Its not my first post, I have been on here for a while, offered a suggestion to make the site better and did a little research, result was I found better places for info and hence stopped posting.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 10:56 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I have zip attitude

The site is not as useful as it could be
I emailed the mods and all members who were in Sicily and got feedback
I got replies from members who had left and now use other sites.

Simples

Its not my first post, I have been on here for a while, offered a suggestion to make the site better and did a little research, result was I found better places for info and hence stopped posting.
I don't know what mods you supposedly emailed on BE, because our wonderful Italy mod Lorna does not live in Sicily. If you have found a site elsewhere you are happy with that's great, its a free world and you are free to join which ever community you choose, however I suggest you stay on the new community you've found and stop coming back on to BE to run it down. You aren't being fair to the thousands of people who post on BE who like the place If you don't like BE that's fair enough, but if thats the case you should stop visiting us ... Simples
Old Feb 28th 2012, 7:06 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Europe / Italy / Vicenza ?

I know at least 2 people who might lurk on a Vicenza thread. Any backers?
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:10 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Europe / Italy / Vicenza ?

I know at least 2 people who might lurk on a Vicenza thread. Any backers?
Will you be vetting applicants?
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:38 am
Pull my finger

No, it's open to everyone 'cos I don't discriminate. Except for mingers. And gingers. And Man U fans. And captains of cruise liners. And twilighters.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's open to everyone 'cos I don't discriminate. Except for mingers. And gingers. And Man U fans. And captains of cruise liners. And twilighters.
Good Grief thats going to be complicated !
Old Mar 9th 2012, 3:02 pm
Hil
Forum Regular

Hil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kabela
we do need to get posting again here as i miss it . Cianciana here we come in March and again in April yipppeee
Are you here yet? Bring some Malta sun! Although I fear all the mediterranean is under a cloud at the moment. Hopefully we'll meet up. Cheers
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

madrelingue is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in Sicily too, 1 hour from Catania, in Niscemi.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.