Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Europe / Italy / Sicily?

Europe / Italy / Sicily?

Old Oct 14th 2011, 8:30 pm
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Europe / Italy / Sicily?

Just wondering if there is demand for a subforum in the Italy section for a SICILY filter?

I for one would think it to be useful - if only to allow people to quickly identify who is on the same island.

Any chance?

Also - if you are in Sicily, would you like to post your location it might help me or others get feel for who is where, thanks

Kenny - Acitrezza - (6ks North of Catania on the coast)

thanks
Old Oct 16th 2011, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

giuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nice
Default Re: Europe / Italy / Sicily?

Gill-Messina- just opposite the Aeolian islands
Old Oct 18th 2011, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

paquita is an unknown quantity at this point

Cianciana-around 90 mins from Palermo.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:10 pm
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

I just figured that there are bound to be enough people in Sicily to have its own sub section?

?

Just as it is handy to go into EUROPE / ITALY it would also be handy to be able to also go straight to a Sicily section also

Mind you with 3 people perhaps not
Old Oct 19th 2011, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

giuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nice

Old Oct 20th 2011, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

kirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to all

and fingers crossed soon to be us
Old Oct 20th 2011, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

nicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond reputenicktonight has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm here too (Siracusa) so that's 4! and this is a very different place from the rest of Italy. However all the formalities and hassle are the same as in the rest of the country.

Last edited by nicktonight; Oct 20th 2011 at 6:03 am.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 8:39 am
Banned

4 with one on the way it appears

I expected a lot more to be honest, I was expecting a dozen at least within an hour of Catania, lets face it most of the island is within 1 hour of Catania if you obey the apparent speed limit of 200kph
Old Oct 20th 2011, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

It's not that small!! Messina to Trapani 4 hours, if I'm driving, although if my husband drives only 2
Old Oct 20th 2011, 9:22 am
Banned

@200kph most of the island is within 125miles of Catania

I was thinking along the lines of

Messina
Syracusa
Enna
All pretty much 1 hour drive to Catania

Palermo and of course Trapani, well no but the island is pretty small and its easy to get a long way fast if you want to.
There are surely people in Palermo too?
Old Oct 20th 2011, 11:29 am
Just Joined

didilizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm in Sciacca, 50mins west of Agrigento, I'd like to have a forum for us in Sicily.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 11:47 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Who gives a monkey's about Sicily?
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Us five do
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by duffer
Who gives a monkey's about Sicily?
Just you wait and see, i reckon we will have double figures

No Mainlanders, thank you!
Old Oct 20th 2011, 2:22 pm
Banned

The reason I posted this thread is because I was previously looking to find a like minded soul who might be interested in cycling DOWN Etna.

I thought, this would be a lot easier if there was an established Sicily section.

Rather than have a single thread ramble on and on, how might we get a Sicily section?

I mean MALTA has a section!

Is it worth it?

I think it would be handy, esp for a new member considering Sicily to find a section on the best part of Italy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.