Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

English TV in Lucca?

English TV in Lucca?

Old Dec 16th 2006, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah Clarke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English TV in Lucca?

I know this has been asked before but I think things may have been updated! I am fed up with watching my children's DVD's and need some English TV!

All I want is the main 4 channels (BBC1,2,ITV and Channel 4). Is this at all possible??? My husband has an office in the UK which we can plug something into if needed and watch via internet if that is do-able!

Thanks in advance...
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

dawnbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: English TV in Lucca?

Originally Posted by Sarah Clarke
I know this has been asked before but I think things may have been updated! I am fed up with watching my children's DVD's and need some English TV!

All I want is the main 4 channels (BBC1,2,ITV and Channel 4). Is this at all possible??? My husband has an office in the UK which we can plug something into if needed and watch via internet if that is do-able!

Thanks in advance...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Italia
http://www.skyitalia.it
hope this helps
Old Jan 8th 2007, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for replying. We have looked into satellite but the problem is, I only want the 4 main English free channels. We don't watch much TV and lists of satellite channels mean nothing to me...

My husband reckons we can buy a sling box, install in UK and send channels via broadband to Italy! Amazing if it works!!

Sarah
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

nixpix is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for replying. We have looked into satellite but the problem is, I only want the 4 main English free channels. We don't watch much TV and lists of satellite channels mean nothing to me...

My husband reckons we can buy a sling box, install in UK and send channels via broadband to Italy! Amazing if it works!!

Sarah
yes my husband is looking into this as well - anyone know for sure that it works yet??
Old Jan 13th 2007, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Yes, we now have some English TV but need to make a few adjustments. We can get BBC 1, BBC 2 and CBBC and News 24. We now need to increase our band width in Italy and also tweak a few wires in the UK. The aerial (in Berkshire!) was about £200 plus the cost of a sling box. The picture isn't great but hopefully this will improve once we do the above! It's great to have some TV - I even watched Eastenders for the first time in about 8 years!!

Sarah
Old Jan 13th 2007, 11:38 am
Just Joined

nixpix is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, we now have some English TV but need to make a few adjustments. We can get BBC 1, BBC 2 and CBBC and News 24. We now need to increase our band width in Italy and also tweak a few wires in the UK. The aerial (in Berkshire!) was about £200 plus the cost of a sling box. The picture isn't great but hopefully this will improve once we do the above! It's great to have some TV - I even watched Eastenders for the first time in about 8 years!!

Sarah
you are joking - we really didnt believe it would actually work - now we have the problem of finding someone willing to erect a dish as well - thanks for letting us know - cant wait!!! Eastenders! Could you follow it?! Pauline died at Xmas is all i picked up!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, she is definitely dead!! As I said, not watched it for years so didn't have a scooby doo what was going on but it was a real novelty to see some English TV!