Reload this Page >

English tv in Italy

English tv in Italy

Old May 22nd 2018, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Mitzi2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: English tv in Italy

Originally Posted by White Zombie
Hi, has anyone had any experience with internet based / VPN access to english tv in Italy. We have moved to Napoli and want to avoid a satellite dish the size of a planet and internet / VPN access seems to be a good idea but am eager to avoid endless buffering issues etc. Help would be appreciated...
take a look at www.uktv4italia.com
Old May 23rd 2018, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

arjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant future

I think most of this has been mentioned before in this thread and elsewhere but....

VPN can be unreliable. The BBC in particular are aggressively identifying iPlayer and website connections from VPNs and blocking them. I use VPN Express and Express VPN (!). Sometimes they give me access sometimes not, its just trial and error and maybe resorting to reading a book if nothing works. So, you might end up paying for a service that works now but won’t work in the future.

With iPlayer, sometimes watching live or Watch Again does not work but downloading and then watching the download is fine.

Recently we have been using TVMucho which seems quite good for live TV and previous TV up to a week ago. We watched a two hour Midsomer Murders last night which was rubbish but that was the the program not the delivery )

Other options we haven’t used is Sky Go. If you know someone in the UK with Sky they will have a couple of Sky Go licences which allow you to watch Sky on a device. They might have one they aren’t using.

If you’re just after the sound of the English language there’s quite a bit of older stuff on YouTube.

Probably, your viewing habits will change to accommodate your new abode.

If you’ve not already done so, check out Inspector Montebalno on BBC (new series just started). Makes me want to visit Sicily!
Old May 23rd 2018, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Mitzi2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, has anyone had any experience with internet based / VPN access to english tv in Italy. We have moved to Napoli and want to avoid a satellite dish the size of a planet and internet / VPN access seems to be a good idea but am eager to avoid endless buffering issues etc. Help would be appreciated...
i have the app VPN Unlimited on my iPad. It has a specific location in the U.K. to select for BBC iPlayer. I have found it to be very stable.
Old May 23rd 2018, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

be556 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arjacey
I think most of this has been mentioned before in this thread and elsewhere but....

VPN can be unreliable. The BBC in particular are aggressively identifying iPlayer and website connections from VPNs and blocking them. I use VPN Express and Express VPN (!). Sometimes they give me access sometimes not, its just trial and error and maybe resorting to reading a book if nothing works. So, you might end up paying for a service that works now but won’t work in the future.

With iPlayer, sometimes watching live or Watch Again does not work but downloading and then watching the download is fine.

Recently we have been using TVMucho which seems quite good for live TV and previous TV up to a week ago. We watched a two hour Midsomer Murders last night which was rubbish but that was the the program not the delivery )

Other options we haven’t used is Sky Go. If you know someone in the UK with Sky they will have a couple of Sky Go licences which allow you to watch Sky on a device. They might have one they aren’t using.

If you’re just after the sound of the English language there’s quite a bit of older stuff on YouTube.

Probably, your viewing habits will change to accommodate your new abode.

If you’ve not already done so, check out Inspector Montebalno on BBC (new series just started). Makes me want to visit Sicily!
Many thanks for the advice regarding vpn. Montalbano is fantastic by Italian standards however historical proof and in my experience Italian standards are very low. Friendly advice, avoid Sicily like you would avoid the plague however this is just my personal opinion. Thank you again.
Old May 23rd 2018, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzi2012

take a look at www.uktv4italia.com
Thank you Mitzi2012. I am checking this out now
Old May 24th 2018, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Cant agree with White Zombie about Sicily - as Ive lived here for 15 years - and its as beautiful as it looks in Montalbanoland.
Old May 24th 2018, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by modicasa
Cant agree with White Zombie about Sicily - as Ive lived here for 15 years - and its as beautiful as it looks in Montalbanoland.
Many thanks modicasa. If you have any useful input regarding the original question surrounding the best and most reliable method of accessing british tv, please respond.
Old May 26th 2018, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

DesiderataSicilia is a jewel in the roughDesiderataSicilia is a jewel in the roughDesiderataSicilia is a jewel in the roughDesiderataSicilia is a jewel in the rough

Many thanks modicasa. If you have any useful input regarding the original question surrounding the best and most reliable method of accessing british tv, please respond.
British TV? I thought you wanted info on English TV
Old May 26th 2018, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Well not really the same, but we watched the Champions League final LIVE on YouTube tonight for free, thanks BT Sport! There are some things you can still get to watch.
Old May 26th 2018, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Well not really the same, but we watched the Champions League final LIVE on YouTube tonight for free, thanks BT Sport! There are some things you can still get to watch.
But it was screened on Canale 5! Two brilliant goals from Bale.
Old May 28th 2018, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Whitezombie, the way a forum works is this. Ask a question, dont make crass comments, and others on the forum will try to help you.

Last edited by modicasa; May 28th 2018 at 5:18 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

I watch all the British TV I want using the Filmon app, I pay about €15/month for this. The quality is good the only minor problem is when watching world class tennis the ball sometimes moves too fast, especially during a serve, to be picked up on the standard definition setting.
I used to have a buffering problem, especially during peak viewing times even with the TIM Fibre option; I solved this problem by buying a Netgear powerline 1000 + Wi-Fi extender (about €90 from eBay). Not only does this device boost my Wi-Fi signal all around the house and garden but it means I can plug my Smart TV directly into the adaptor using a short Ethernet cable. This way the TV is effectively connected directly to the incoming telephone cable. I.e. no longer using the Wi-Fi signal which seems to have been the weak link.
Old Jun 23rd 2018, 9:26 am
Just Joined

milanoclaire is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I recommend tvmucho for €48 per year you get all the UK channels and can watch programmes from a week ago too. Don't need a vpn either. It is a website so watch online and there's also an app. Works perfectly with Chromecast too. I love it and very reliable. I think you get an hour a day free too if you don't want a yearly subscription.
Old Jun 23rd 2018, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

green-eyed-girl66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by be556
I use my Amazon fire stick from the UK. I have a free VPN downloaded onto it (not sure how I managed to do it though) and I now get BBC ITV CH4 etc...all uk channels in Puglia.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

BRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,just an update on uktv catchup,it's no longer available but replaced by transponder tv.This is available on all devices,not just android and iPhone.You get a trial period and then have to pay,but a free package of 20 uk channels remain.Our trial ends Saturday,so will post then to inform what is available,cheers,Brian.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.