English TV

Old Jun 6th 2011, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice
Default Re: English TV

Originally Posted by giodafa
What browser are you using? IE or firefox are the best.I don't get that message anymore have you tried clicking the link i posted?
I.E FireFox and Chrome still getting that message and I clicked your link
Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:03 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried switching off and on again?
Old Jun 7th 2011, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

Mr posh , does the chat open? If so ask mytv or webby for help.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

No chat appears and have switched on and offffffffa
Old Jun 30th 2011, 6:00 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

English TV they can stuff it, David Essex in eastenders , what next Gary Glitter looking through the school fence, I was in a pub in the eastend when David Essex was supposed to come in it a few years back, the derision , Coronation street just as bad
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

well Bricwood, I find them fascinating. Not having lived in the UK for several decades; and not having been able to make any prolonged visits for several years; I realise I am out of touch with the reality of life in the UK. Although I speak to relatives on the phone frequently; and went for a weekend to a wedding a couple of years ago; things have changed profoundly. I didn't watch English TV (couldn't) until about 12 months ago. I'm fascinated by the multi-cultural mix up of genders ad partnerships. I can't think of a single 'normal' family scene in any of the soaps. What is a 'normal' family?
The biggest shock to me though was taking a trip round childhood haunts courtesy of Google street view. The Methodist Chapel where I went to Sunday School as a boy is now a mosque, complete with sky-blue dome and minaret!
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Jun 30th 2011, 8:42 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

my local in England was the kings head in chigwell apparently Alan Sugar owns it now, they say never go back its true, actually there is some ok stuff on British TV recently I watched the one on ITV with three women detectives and I thought it was good but the soaps have lost their way, once they realised EastEnders was a long run they brought in all established actors looking for a long run, now David Essex, he cannot need the money surely, everyone expects him to pay a gipsy
Old Jul 4th 2011, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

suncycle is an unknown quantity at this point

I know (stated above I think) that most Brit TV iplayer type thingies don't work in Italy but an exception appears to be Channel 4 news.

http://www.channel4.com/news/

If you go to the "catch-up" link on the right of the page you can replay the 50 minute news from the last seven days - and you can select individual news items, which is actually a better experience than watching it live.

Not criticising the BBC at all, but Channel 4 news has always been my favourite anyway - more time for analysis and actually questioning people.

It is possible (can't check as I'm in the UK at the moment) that BBC TV Hardtalk may work outside the UK, but I can't check right now.

I may have imagined that it works - could someone check and report back?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...lk/default.stm

If it does, you'll find a recent episode with Emma Bonino declaring that Italy is no longer a democracy.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

This player works fine http://myiplayer.com/home.php with or without an uk ip
Sor an uk ip expat shield is good , you can turn it on and of whenever needed.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 2:23 am
Banned

I only get 2mgb and I can stream British TV, works perfectly , channel 5, all BBC, and ITV, anyone with a good connection it should works, I connect through expats TV, 5 pound a month paypal, they also do USA TV, and I am tempted, and with the BBC you can download and watch later