English TV

Old Dec 12th 2010, 9:12 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English TV

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I recently joined UKNova - I think I watch maybe two programmes a month off it - I really just don't get the need for British TV, it's really shite!! Just my opinion and I know many of you love it but I really just don't get it!! We watch it in Spain when we go and apart from the odd Dr Who or CSI (which is from the US and I get here anyway) there is nothing to watch. My daughter loves Cbeebies and that seems to be all I download from Nova apart from Live at the Apollo which is funny!
If you look at the number of dowloads, most expats seem to get Eastenders and Corrie from it.
Now and again there is a good drama on there and I quite like QI with Stephen Fry.
I watched a couple of Come Dine With Me celebrity specials. It's amazing how many people think they are great cooks and then produce something awful.
I need "brainless" kind of programmes to watch to distract me when I do some ironing.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 5:21 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of Expats all over the world are using Expat Shield to access the BBC IPlayer, ITV player and 4oD or Seesaw.com for Channel 4 programmes.

If you want to watch anything recent or catch up on any programmes, download it and give it a go. It's free and so far is working well for everyone. There's a whole thread about it on the general forum.

I used it last night and watched something called Mrs Brown's Boys on BBC. It's about an Irish Mammy and her wayward family and I had a great laugh.

Once you've downloaded Expat Shield you can connect and disconnect the "shield" at your will to hide your Italian IP address and get a British one.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 7:33 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

It's from the same people who make Hotspot Shield for accessing US sites, which was bogging down my old pc with ads, and it was really slow. I suppose it's ok for downloading to watch later, much later.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pauleone
unfortunately, i am learning that nothing in life is free, except love of course :-)
What love is free....

My OH costs me a fortune in bags shoes and flowers... I am going wrong somewhere.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

unclejoe is an unknown quantity at this point

I've read of a number of problems with Expat Shield, there are some reviews here which make for an interesting read.

There's a summary of the different ways to watch English/American tv is here: English Language TV in Italy
Old Feb 27th 2011, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Anybody noticed that with "digitale terrestre" (i.e. the "free" tv) you can sometimes change the language into English. I watch House in English every Friday evening on Italia 1. You can put Italian subtitles on too for the OH if necessary (although mine gets bored of trying to follow them and goes to sleep!)
Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K in Modena
Anybody noticed that with "digitale terrestre" (i.e. the "free" tv) you can sometimes change the language into English. I watch House in English every Friday evening on Italia 1. You can put Italian subtitles on too for the OH if necessary (although mine gets bored of trying to follow them and goes to sleep!)
Yes - we accidentally watched a film in English the other night and I thought Cancale 5 had made a mistake - but then someone explained you can set it up which is great
Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Patty
Yes - we accidentally watched a film in English the other night and I thought Cancale 5 had made a mistake - but then someone explained you can set it up which is great
Yes, we thought they'd made a mistake initially! Not sure how to find out which programmes are in English and which aren't though. The Godfather Part 1 was in English, but Part 2 wasn't!
Old Feb 27th 2011, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

Has anyone tried Hide my IP or something similar? As I I have fastweb and it does not seem to work. Someone last night said its because with fastweb you navigate through them first (whatever that means)
Old Feb 27th 2011, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

ambra_wandsworth will become famous soon enough

I have Freesat, got a decoder from Amazon and a 2nd dish oriented on Astra 2d 28 east but living north-west I'm pretty lucky as 90-100 cm is the mininum diameter.
The further you move east or south the bigger is the dish needed.

I think the best option is still watching it on the internet, unless you want to get a big big dish..

Originally Posted by Mr Posh
Has anyone tried Hide my IP or something similar? As I I have fastweb and it does not seem to work. Someone last night said its because with fastweb you navigate through them first (whatever that means)
I was suggested this techtutorialchannel, it's fine for Itv and BBC iplayer and I think it works hiding the IP..

http://www.techtutorialchannel.com/2...c-iplayer-etc/

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I recently joined UKNova - I think I watch maybe two programmes a month off it - I really just don't get the need for British TV, it's really shite!! Just my opinion and I know many of you love it but I really just don't get it!! We watch it in Spain when we go and apart from the odd Dr Who or CSI (which is from the US and I get here anyway) there is nothing to watch. My daughter loves Cbeebies and that seems to be all I download from Nova apart from Live at the Apollo which is funny!
I quite like english tv, not serial as Coronation street or Eastenders, but some programs are pretty good.

I really enjoy those ones about properties such as Relocation, Location, A place in the sun, Escape to the country,Grand Design..

Some BBC specials about lifestyle,culture...

Or some comedy specials on Dave..
Old Feb 27th 2011, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

unclejoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr Posh
It's good for me.
Old Jun 5th 2011, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

watch uk and usa tv here http://myiplayer.com/home.php for free and you do't have to hide your ip
Old Jun 6th 2011, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

Yes after the post I made It did work well so I have just paid for hidemyIP £15 and have to say GREAT see any UK programs we want

Last edited by Mr Posh; Jun 6th 2011 at 9:42 am.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by giodafa
watch uk and usa tv here http://myiplayer.com/home.php for free and you do't have to hide your ip
I keep getting this message and can not get rid of it and yes I have ticked the box

All channels and movies linked on this site are freely available on the web. If they are not supposed to be there this is not our responsibility.

We are not affiliated in any way with the broadcasted channels nor resposible for their content. This site only contains links and embeds to TV channels and movies.

It is your resposibility as a viewer to ensure any legal rights to watch these channels and movies. You may need to pay a TV licence fee or some other fee to gain this right.

No channels or movies are hosted here.

Turn off any ad blocking software you might have installed!
You must agree to these terms and conditions before entering
Old Jun 6th 2011, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

What browser are you using? IE or firefox are the best.I don't get that message anymore have you tried clicking the link i posted?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.