Wikiposts

English food

Old Aug 30th 2015, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

lizacoops is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English food

Does any where in Italy have shops that sell english food like they do in Spain as they have iceland
Old Aug 30th 2015, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English food

Lidl have 'British weeks' when you can buy decenet cheddar, marmalade etc.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

PSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond reputePSG2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Modi is correct as always, you can also get Heinz baked beans at Oasi, and other things such as Kelloggs Cornflakes, and chocolate bars (mars, kit kat etc) at various supermarkets

There is nothing that we want for here really,
Old Aug 30th 2015, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

heritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond reputeheritagestanley has a reputation beyond repute

In Barga - "the most Scottish town in Italy" - there's a shop where you can, if you want, get all that kind of thing and more. But would you really want to?
Old Aug 30th 2015, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all the replys, no I don't really want english food as I have got use to not having it living in Spain but it is always good to know

Does any one know of the best place,to live that's either near the,sea or lakes
Old Aug 30th 2015, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi guys I have so many questions about moving to Italy, jobs, renting, areas, food, supermarkets any help will be appreciated
Old Aug 31st 2015, 12:39 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizacoops
Hi guys I have so many questions about moving to Italy, jobs, renting, areas, food, supermarkets any help will be appreciated
Can you give us a clue what you are looking for and why you are/ are interested in moving to Italy?

The range of experiences you can expect living in Italy vary considerably, from the far north which is similar to living in Austria or Germany, to quintessentially Italian experiences, each very different from each other, in distinct regions the length of Italy. The differences are so great that they might as well be different countries.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 2:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Can you give us a clue what you are looking for and why you are/ are interested in moving to Italy?

The range of experiences you can expect living in Italy vary considerably, from the far north which is similar to living in Austria or Germany, to quintessentially Italian experiences, each very different from each other, in distinct regions the length of Italy. The differences are so great that they might as well be different countries.
We love,the idea to travel we have lived in Spain for 3 years and want to experience a different country, unfortunately we would have to work, we were thinking of somewhere central but we need to be near the,sea or lakes, we will have to rent but do not know the areas to look for as we will be flying to Rome in October for a fact finding trip
Old Aug 31st 2015, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

We love,the idea to travel we have lived in Spain for 3 years and want to experience a different country, unfortunately we would have to work, we were thinking of somewhere central but we need to be near the,sea or lakes, we will have to rent but do not know the areas to look for as we will be flying to Rome in October for a fact finding trip
I'm not sure that Rome is the best place for fact-finding about Italy, unless you're actually planning to live in Rome. I'd be more inclined to visit two or three regions, maybe in the north, centre and south; you'll get a better idea of each.
For a central region you could try the Marche; it's well-known for its beauty and has a coast (on the Adriatic) but is less expensive than Tuscany and near enough to the north to have reasonable services.
The south is well known for the disastrous state of local services and a suffocating bureaucracy, but if you do choose the south I recommend Sicily - the people are more open-minded and less disorderly than the Neapolitans, for example (although obviously things change from individual to individual).

By the way, for English food have you looked at the "Comfort zone" thread on this site?

Last edited by jonwel; Aug 31st 2015 at 3:00 am.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 3:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jonwel
I'm not sure that Rome is the best place for fact-finding about Italy, unless you're actually planning to live in Rome. I'd be more inclined to visit two or three regions, maybe in the north, centre and south; you'll get a better idea of each.
For a central region you could try the Marche; it's well-known for its beauty but less expensive than Tuscany and near enough to the north to have reasonable services.
The south is well known for the disastrous state of local services and a suffocating bureaucracy, but if you do choose the south I recommend Sicily - the people are more open-minded and less disorderly than the Neapolitans, for example (although obviously things change from individual to individual).

By the way, for English food have you looked at the "Comfort zone" thread on this site?
We were only going to fly into Rome but I will look at marche as this is central, how far is that from rome
Old Aug 31st 2015, 3:08 am
Just Joined

Any other places that we can look at as we will only have a week
Old Aug 31st 2015, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

We were only going to fly into Rome but I will look at Marche as this is central, how far is that from Rome?
You'd better consult a map and also look at road and rail connections.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see your addition about any other places! I think you should study a few websites about various towns and regions. I'm afraid I can't tell you off the cuff the best place to live in Italy... just think, would you be able to tell an Italian the best place to live in Britain?

Still, see what suggestions others come up with here too.

Last edited by jonwel; Aug 31st 2015 at 3:40 am.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 3:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jonwel
You'd better consult a map and also look at road and rail connections.
Are you currently living in Italy, if so what supermarkets do you have round central Italy, also do they have such thing as telesales jobs there
Old Aug 31st 2015, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Abruzzo- next down from Marche. There are plenty of supermarkets, just as in the UK. You don't want to be in "central" Italy if you prefer to live close to the sea- unless of course you mean half way down the country and inland.
One week is not giving you much time to explore the country-if you want cheap try Abruzzo.But I warn you unemployment is high & I've no idea about telesales except that you'd need to be fluent in Italian. Good luck wherever you end up. Life should be an adventure.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pica
I live in Abruzzo- next down from Marche. There are plenty of supermarkets, just as in the UK. You don't want to be in "central" Italy if you prefer to live close to the sea- unless of course you mean half way down the country and inland.
One week is not giving you much time to explore the country-if you want cheap try Abruzzo.But I warn you unemployment is high & I've no idea about telesales except that you'd need to be fluent in Italian. Good luck wherever you end up. Life should be an adventure.
Thank you for the reply it's all so confusing right know as to what area but employment is important even if it's only seasonal for the time being, I agree life is an adventure but I want to get it right

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.