Reload this Page >

ENEL and House Paining

Wikiposts

ENEL and House Paining

Old Aug 1st 2015, 4:23 am
Just Joined

Cornish Knocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ENEL and House Paining

I've got my brother coming over to Italy to help me paint my house, which is great. However........my electricity comes into the house via an overhead cable and is fixed to the external wall.

I'm assuming this cable will be live and care needs to be taken during the work.

I also assume I need to contact ENEL for them to do what ever they need to do to protect me from shocks etc.

Has anyone been down this route, does it cost, is it straight forward?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Aug 1st 2015, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

mikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ENEL and House Paining

The cable will be live but double insulated , as long as you treat it with respect it should not be a problem.
Old Aug 1st 2015, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

When you see professionals at work they usually cover the cable with some red corrugated electric ducting which they have split lengthwise. Or something of that ilk. Enel wont give a monkeys about what you are doing.
Old Aug 1st 2015, 5:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

As long as the wire doesn't sizzle and spit when it rains, it is adequately insulated, as MikeThomo said. Treat it with respect, and be sure your ladder isn't in danger of falling against it (is set below the height of the wire when working close to the wire) and you'll be fine.
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 4:39 am
Just Joined

Cornish Knocker is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all, very useful info. I will be treating the cable with the upmost respect. Maybe the area around the cable might only get one coat.