Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Employment Law During This Period

Employment Law During This Period

Old Mar 20th 2020, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future
Default Employment Law During This Period

Hi

Does anyone have a decent understanding of the current employment law surrounding the current lockdown? Are employers able to make employees use up paid annual leave during this period (forced)? Is it current it’s only up until the end of March that they can make you take paid annual leave?

many thanks
Old Mar 21st 2020, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employment Law During This Period

At the moment no, they can ask you to take annual leave, but you are not forced to. That may change.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future

Around half of our company have been on annual leave for half the week and the company has claimed that the government is encouraging them to make us use our annual leave allowance.

I’ve from elsewhere that they can use up the matured allowance up until the end of March.
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

I think that the answer may vary depending on what your job is and if there is a national contact . It may also depend if you have holidays backed up from previous years or if you only have the days from 2020. Most of my colleagues are working from home but I am on sick leave until Easter at least so I have not kept up with this aspect of the crisis .
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
I think that the answer may vary depending on what your job is and if there is a national contact . It may also depend if you have holidays backed up from previous years or if you only have the days from 2020. Most of my colleagues are working from home but I am on sick leave until Easter at least so I have not kept up with this aspect of the crisis .
It’s a national commercial contract and no holidays from last year backed up, annual leave not yet ‘matured’ is being used.