Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Earthquake in Abruzzo

Earthquake in Abruzzo

Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:47 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Earthquake in Abruzzo

Just popping in from Spain to say I hope nobody on here affected...
Old Apr 6th 2009, 7:02 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Earthquake in Abruzzo

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
Just popping in from Spain to say I hope nobody on here affected...
Zapping from France to hope all's well in Abruzzo and elsewhere. Fingers crossed....
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Woke me up this morning; I'm on a business trip about 40 miles from the epicenter and the whole hotel was shaking for 30 seconds or so with car alarms going off all down the road. Can't do much work until later today because the ceiling of the building I'm visiting is damaged so they need to fix it before we can go in there.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:51 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope those of you in the Paganica area are o.k. Realise you probably can't log on as I heard the news they want the lines that are still working clear. Still remember the earthquake in Friuli. Our thoughts and prayers are with all in that area.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 10:00 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Sad news indeed.

My sister wrote to say that a couple of her friends had been asking if we (the kids and I) were okay here ...... their geography must be as bad as mine.

I hope there is lots of help coming into the area for the folks that will need it.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 10:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Looks very serious - being in the business of monitoring this kind of event I know that although earthquakes of this magnitude happen frequently, they are usually in areas that are unpopulated, or are more accustomed to them. Something of this magnitude in that kind of area is tragic news.

Thoughts and prayers are with everyone caught in the middle of it, makes one feel so helpless doesn't it.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 11:53 am
RJG
Just Joined

RJG is an unknown quantity at this point

Very sad indeed.

It shook my house and moved my bed in Pescara for about 20 mins on and off.

I am a geologist in the oil & gas industry, but the last thing I expected to be doing was trying to explain to my wife what was happening at 0340 hrs in the morning.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Thoughts and prayers to everyone caught up in this, I hope every possible help arrives quickly, take care all, I hope you are all OK.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 12:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Sad news indeed.

My sister wrote to say that a couple of her friends had been asking if we (the kids and I) were okay here ...... their geography must be as bad as mine.

I hope there is lots of help coming into the area for the folks that will need it.

I can't blame lack of geography knowledge for being concerned about you and the kids since I wasn't sure where in Italy you are located. Duh!

Glad you are okay and prayers go out to those affected by the earthquake. Pray the loss of life is minimal.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 12:53 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

All of us in Portugal thinking about you all,stay safe
Old Apr 6th 2009, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

Our thoughts and prayers are to all those caught up in it....

We had a small tremor last night in Cesena at 22.10 it was 4.6 that was scary.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 1:53 pm
Banned

fred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nice

We had a 5 here in Indonesia last week. All it did was wake us up and no damage.
This is looking like it's hit hard and there is going to be a notable loss of life.
Sad news.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:25 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Sad news indeed.

The first thing I thought when I heard the news was "I hope Lorna and her family are ok". I didn't know where you were in Italy, so had to find some maps to tell me.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:24 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Just popping by from New Zealand to say that my thoughts are with all the people of the area .
Hope all the help that is needed arrives swiftly .
Hope all pain , suffering and loss for all those affected is the least possible amount that it can be.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:07 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for everybody's concern.

It looks like it has been a bad one. I haven't been avidly following the news but this morning the death numbered were 179. 34 people missing. Around 1,500 injured and just thousands and thousands without a roof over their heads.
Those poor people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.