Earthquake

Old May 20th 2012, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Earthquake

Glad you're ok Lorna and everyone else.

We know about earthquakes here in NZ so can appreciate what has happened.
Old May 20th 2012, 11:01 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Glad you're ok Lorna and everyone else.

We know about earthquakes here in NZ so can appreciate what has happened.
Oh God yes, you lot have had some terrible ones over there.

Thanks for your good wishes.
Old May 20th 2012, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

It was very strong here in Modena, the whole floor was shaking, but my OH and daughter still managed to sleep through it! We've just had another after-shock and some of the neighbours have evacuated their buildings again.
Old May 20th 2012, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

jacq296 is an unknown quantity at this point

It reached us here at Lake Garda, very unsettling. Glad to hear that folks are ok.
Old May 21st 2012, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Hi all . .yes we felt it very strongly in FE. I live on fourth and top floor and to be woken up with a banging noise and the whole flat shaking is one of the weirdest and scariest things ever ..

Plus just as we were trying to get some kip on the sofa in the afternoon .. another one ..

No severe damage although some pretty big cracks in the walls on the ground floor and in some other flats I gather. FAirly new building and should be anti-sismico.

We didn't sleep at home last night...luckily with relatives out of town. I know a lot who slept in their cars.

Some damage to the castle in FE and in the centro storico, although obviously not as bad as in S Agostino, Finale E, etc.

Feel terrible for those poor blokes on their nightshift . .

Let's hope it's all over.
Old May 21st 2012, 12:14 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey, just seen some photos on internet - shocking. 5.9 on Richter apparently

Glad to hear you are OK up North
Old May 22nd 2012, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Amazing some of the best photos on the Daily Mail website:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cked-half.html
Old May 22nd 2012, 9:26 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Amazing some of the best photos on the Daily Mail website:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cked-half.html
What a lot of damage.
That photo of the tower with half the clock gone and half the clock still there is shockingly amazing.
Old May 22nd 2012, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
What a lot of damage.
That photo of the tower with half the clock gone and half the clock still there is shockingly amazing.
Apparently the British news showed the other half of that clock tower falling down live during one of the aftershocks. I feel so lucky as the epicentre really wasn't far from Modena.
Old May 22nd 2012, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by K in Modena
Apparently the British news showed the other half of that clock tower falling down live during one of the aftershocks. I feel so lucky as the epicentre really wasn't far from Modena.
Yeah, halfway between us!
just felt another tremor .. 3.8 at 40 km deep apparently

http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/....php?id=191389

Old May 24th 2012, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Another biggish one last night before midnight ..

http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/....php?id=191813

plus other smaller ones.

We've had enough!
I blame the government..
Old May 24th 2012, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, we felt the one last night and I think there was a smaller one this morning? Half the time I don't know if there are very small shocks or if it's all in my mind!
Old May 24th 2012, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by K in Modena
Yeah, we felt the one last night and I think there was a smaller one this morning? Half the time I don't know if there are very small shocks or if it's all in my mind!
Know what you mean, but that one last night was def not in the mind!

Yes soemone at work just mentioned the one this morning .. i think I was driving so didn't feel it.
Old May 28th 2012, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

If anyone's listening this is *not* over yet ... keep getting minor tremors throughout the day and night (and yes you do feel the ground and everything else shake) and had another bigg-ish one yesterday evening.

This is getting silly.

How are you doing K in Modena?
Old May 29th 2012, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

We've only felt the bigger ones here. It must be very stressful for you living with th the constants shakes and the anxiety that they cause . Here's hoping the worst is over and you can get back to normal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.