Reload this Page >

Dream to reality - Italian sponsorship

Dream to reality - Italian sponsorship

Old Feb 6th 2007, 1:33 am
Account Closed

dmh101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dream to reality - Italian sponsorship

Dear Forum

I have recently returned to Australia after 6 months in Italy. I graduated in a Bachelor of Engineering in April 2006 in Australia and wanted to continue my study of italian at the University of Foreigners, Perugia, to aid work prospects. During this time I also worked as an English teacher at the Wall Street Institute.

My visa actually expires on the 14 of April 2007 and I now find myself searching for an option were I can return to Italy to find professional work as an engineer. It has been rather difficult making contact with employers and then I am in the situation of looking for further sponsorship.

For your information
- I held a 1 year Schengen visa, expire April 2007, stay without work is until July 2007

- I have a codisce fiscale
- Italian bank account

during my final months in Italy I received a phone call from the a workers union stating that the Questura had stamped incorrectly my permesso di soggiorno, not as for the motive of employment but for "motivo sportivo". From this I was required to cease work for the remaining 1.5 months and I used up my savings (which I would have used to relocate to Milan) on everyday living expenses. My visa took 1 month to correct and much unsympathetic reasoning from the Questura.

My question is, if I still have your attention , with all your experience with Italian bureaucracy and government, should I try and find work in Italy whilst in Australia or should I save enough money to support myself whilst searching for employment in Italy. My one last option is to find work for a UK company based in Italy, as I have a UK ancestry visa.

Thanks very much for your advice. I realise that this forum is a few years old now, but I'll hope for the best. It's hard to realise my dream!

Thanks again

Daniel Hobbs
Geelong, Australia.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:02 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dream to reality - Italian sponsorship

Hi Daniel,

Just out of interest - how good is your Italian?

I have some information about an Italian enginering firm based in Montecchio Maggiore, Vicenza with a UK based parent company which might be interesting for you. Lots of English speaking people working there!

I'll send you a PM.

Bhavesh.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by duffer
Hi Daniel,

Just out of interest - how good is your Italian?

I have some information about an Italian enginering firm based in Montecchio Maggiore, Vicenza with a UK based parent company which might be interesting for you. Lots of English speaking people working there!

I'll send you a PM.

Bhavesh.
Hello Duffer,

Well my Italian is rather good.

Thankyou very much, it will be interesting to do a little research on this company and skill match my qualifications with the roles they have to offer.

Using the scaling found on the Work And Volunteer Abroad website (www.workandvolunteer.com) my level of italian comprehension is as follows.
each category is a grading out of six, I have included the comment regarding my ability as per the website.

Thanks again.

Daniel.

LISTENING (4/6)
I understand extended speech and lectures and follow even complex lines of argument provided the topic is reasonably familiar. I understand most TV news and current affairs programmes. I understand the majority of films.

READING (4/6)
I can read articles and reports concerned with contemporary problems in which writer adopt particular attitudes or viewpoints. I can understand contemporary literary prose.

SPOKEN INTERACTION (4/6)
I can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible. I can take an active part in
discussion in familiar contexts accounting for and sustaining my views.

SPOKEN PRODUCTION (4/6)
I can present clear, detailed descriptions on a wide range of subjects related to my field of interest. I can explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving
advantages and disadvantages or various opinions.

WRITING (5/6)
I can express myself in clear well structured text, expressing points of view at some length. I can write about complex subjects in a letter, an essay or report, underlining what I consider to be salient issues.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 1:08 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Now you're showing off
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by duffer
Now you're showing off
oh sorry, just didn't want to be ambiguous... I live in Australia but my next door neighbours are Sicilian. I've been absorbed into there family as a son! I love this culture! Killing a pig and making sausages, squashing tomatoes, blending up pesto, arancini and winding out great fettucini! & the rest of my friends are Puglianese, Calabrian, Sicilian, Abruzzian & Caprian. whew, I couldn't get away from them if I tried! : )

cheers duffer : )