Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Domestic electrical supply.

Domestic electrical supply.

Old Jan 26th 2015, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Domestic electrical supply.

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Ononno , could you ask for the bills to be sent to you by email , that way you get them in good time , can check them before apying them too .
Mmmm; thanks for the suggestion, but I wouldn't trust ENEL, or any other 'institution' via email. Bitten too many times during my business/working life.

Last edited by ononno; Jan 26th 2015 at 8:04 am. Reason: typo
Old Jan 26th 2015, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ononno
Mmmm; thanks for the suggestion, but I wouldn't trust ENEL, or any other 'institution' via email. Bitten too many times during my business/working life.
Ok, well just keep on relying on the postal service then
Old Jan 26th 2015, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

I think its just a flag on their billing system , the attchments I get though email from Vodafone are exactly the same format as the bills they used to post us .
Old Jan 26th 2015, 9:52 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret M
Well if I could understand the blooming bills I might be able to work it out. Could that be why once a year our bill seems such higher than the rest? Although we really are pretty frugal with our usage.
I don't think so, Margret. Its more likely that you are getting estimated bills and then a 'conguaglio'.
Old Feb 25th 2015, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
I don't think so, Margret. Its more likely that you are getting estimated bills and then a 'conguaglio'.
Just checked our last bill - €900+ - says reading is "dal 03/12/2014 (effettiva) al 03/02/2015 (effettiva)". "totale per i servizi di rete" is almost twice that of "totale per i servizi di vendita"
Old Feb 25th 2015, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Margaret, I think that the low band has a limit of 1.800kw per year. Not sure though. If you consume more than that, you loose your entitlement.
Our latest bill says - Consumo annuo kWh: 7135
Old Feb 25th 2015, 4:33 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked our last bill - €900+ - says reading is "dal 03/12/2014 (effettiva) al 03/02/2015 (effettiva)". "totale per i servizi di rete" is almost twice that of "totale per i servizi di vendita"
Wow! That's a lot. Give me time to dig our's out and see what we used/spent in a year.
Old Feb 25th 2015, 4:42 pm
Concierge

Just had a quick look. 12Mnths, 3000kw and around €600. There are 2 of us. We live in a normal 2/3 bed, 2bath etc. Apartment. There are 2 of us. Centralised heating. Electric oven. Didn't use the a/c last year. That adds a whopping €100 a month when we use it.
Old Feb 25th 2015, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wow! That's a lot. Give me time to dig our's out and see what we used/spent in a year.
Yes, but the actual charge for electricity if I understand it correctly is about €250, the charge for the use of the network is double that. My husband does feel the cold a lot at the moment, but we really aren't using a lot of electricity, it is the "servizi di rete" that is the killer.
Old Feb 25th 2015, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Margaret, your bill looks high. If you are consuming around 7000kw per year I would expect an annual bill in the region of €2,250. Rates increase with useage but if your bill is not estimated then it looks as if you have consumed around 900kw in the two months.

Essentially the cost of electricity can be broken down into four parts:

1. SERVIZI DI VENDITA. Roughly, this can be thought of as the wholesale price of electricity as determined by the market. Billing costs vary according to how much electricity is consumed and at what time of the day it is consumed. F1 is the peak rate from 8.00am to 7.00pm Monday to Friday. F2 and F3 are the offpeak rates. There is normally also a small monthly standing charge added.

2. SERVIZI DI RETE. Roughly, this should be thought of as the transmission costs for providing the above electricity and again varies according to how much electricity is consumed. Rates are in bands and progressively increase with an annual consumption number above 4400kw attracting the highest rate. Again, there is a monthly fixed charge.

Adding (1) and (2) gives the base cost of electricity.

Now, there is a third charge. IMPOSTE to be added to the above. Again, this varies with electricity consumption and is in effect a tax levied by central and local government.

Finally IVA at 10% is added to the sum of the above.
Old Feb 25th 2015, 5:12 pm
Concierge

Yes, but the actual charge for electricity if I understand it correctly is about €250, the charge for the use of the network is double that. My husband does feel the cold a lot at the moment, but we really aren't using a lot of electricity, it is the "servizi di rete" that is the killer.
My €600 is all in. You say you don't use a lot of leccy, but it's more than double our usage. The more you use, the higher the cost per unit. What does everyone else use?

Since having a new gas meter, our gas usage has also dropped noticeably.
Old Feb 25th 2015, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Actually our total bill for the last 12 months is €1700, so not too bad. We do aim to use our most electricity on cheap overnight rate. I am just shocked that they can charge twice as much for the transmission costs as they do for the actual usage.
Old Feb 25th 2015, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute

That's always been the case I'm afraid. As consumption increases, transmission costs are charged at an increasingly higher rate. Electricity consumption rates also increase but not at such a steep rate.
Old Feb 25th 2015, 5:28 pm
Concierge

Actually our total bill for the last 12 months is €1700, so not too bad. We do aim to use our most electricity on cheap overnight rate. I am just shocked that they can charge twice as much for the transmission costs as they do for the actual usage.
That would bring it in line with mine if you take in to consideration the increased price cost per unit for higher consumptions. Seems a lot to me, but obviously, I have know idea what your usage is. I have all new appliances and I noticed the difference when we bought them. But yes, it the taxes rather than the usage that push the bill up.
Old Feb 25th 2015, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

mikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond reputemikethomo has a reputation beyond repute

Our leccy bills were very scary too there are seven of us ! Probably more than Margarats Now we are on solar we pay 100 per month for the panels and about 150 a month for the leccy . We have not yet had the benefit of the summer months as the system was not commission until September but for us defiantly the way forward saving us a fortune

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.