Reload this Page >

Depression / Support Groups for Single Parents

Depression / Support Groups for Single Parents

Old May 8th 2014, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Giacomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Depression / Support Groups for Single Parents

Hello All,

I am asking this in the hope to help a very close italian friend of mine who is suffering from depression and isolation from being a single parent.. She is now living with her parents but she doesn't feel she can rely on them/be able to offload onto either her mother or father as to how she is feeling.

I don't have any understanding of what support there is in the Italian Medical System...

In the UK, you go to the doctor and they then put you in contact with a counseller for a number of free sessions.

Does anyone have any information or advice on this situation? Single mothers support groups in Rome perhaps?

Any help I would be very grateful.
Old May 8th 2014, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Depression / Support Groups for Single Parents

Hi , if she goes though her GP she will be refered to the mental health services and they will provde her with the relevant conatcts. If she doesn't feel she wants to go though her GP then she could look online at the ''CONSULTORI FAMILIARI '' which have groups and clinics for all sorts of issues . I have no specific experience in Rome itself but have found the ones in Parma very useful . I also found this in google which she has probably alreday seen .
http://mammasingle.4umer.com/t1763-g...-single-a-roma
Old May 8th 2014, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Giacomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Depression / Support Groups for Single Parents

Thank you. Appreciate it. I shall pass on the information and hope she takes it up.. I think for her at this time any little bit of extra support would be beneficial..

She is due in August.