British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   depressed in Verona... Aaargh! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/depressed-verona-aaargh-632011/)

Debco Sep 22nd 2009 1:24 pm

depressed in Verona... Aaargh!

Depressed in Verona, just moved and ready to move back to the UK. Children in school all day. Anyone near? anyone for tea? A book club, or women’s club? Or a job to keep busy? Any advice?

Lorna at Vicenza Sep 22nd 2009 1:34 pm

Re: depressed in Verona... Aaargh!

Originally Posted by Debco (Post 7953922)
Depressed in Verona, just moved and ready to move back to the UK. Children in school all day. Anyone near? anyone for tea? A book club, or women’s club? Or a job to keep busy? Any advice?

Do you have a car?

Debco Sep 22nd 2009 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 7953951)
Do you have a car?

Not yet! hopefully this week!

Lorna at Vicenza Sep 22nd 2009 2:41 pm

There was another girl on here in Verona looking for new people to meet.

Not sure if she still is but you could see if her email address or PM function still works.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=verona

indiebird Sep 22nd 2009 6:31 pm

oooh pity we are not nearer!! My kids have only been back a week and I had a really bad day today. I too have many times when I hate it. I dunno what the answer is, but I do know, after two years of being here, that it ain't sitting around the house moping. Difficult to get out of the rut though. I do hope you find some people near youxxxxx

duffer Sep 22nd 2009 7:47 pm

You're not recording an album by any chance are you? I know just the trick...

Patty Sep 22nd 2009 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by duffer (Post 7954967)

Ooh Duffer - an old Dick Emery phrase comes to mind here (you're probably too young to even remember Dick Emery)

Ooh you are naughty .....but I like you ;);)

Lorna at Vicenza Sep 22nd 2009 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Patty (Post 7955047)
Ooh Duffer - an old Dick Emery phrase comes to mind here (you're probably too young to even remember Dick Emery)

What did Kenney Everett used to say then ?? Have a vague memory of him crossing his legs in a chair or something - or was that somebody else ?

Debco Sep 22nd 2009 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 7954104)
There was another girl on here in Verona looking for new people to meet.

Not sure if she still is but you could see if her email address or PM function still works.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=verona

Thanks...

duffer Sep 23rd 2009 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Patty (Post 7955047)

Yes I do remember the phrase but not sure whether it's from actually watching him during the 70s (I was just a little nipper) or from one of those 'best comedy moments' montage programmes. But Kenny Everett I do remember ('cos I'm an 80s kid) - wasn't it all done in the best possible taste?

Patty Sep 23rd 2009 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by duffer (Post 7956459)
But Kenny Everett I do remember ('cos I'm an 80s kid) - wasn't it all done in the best possible taste?

Yes - thats the quote that I think Lorna meant - he used to cross his legs and say that didnt he.

Lorna at Vicenza Sep 24th 2009 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Patty (Post 7957117)
Yes - thats the quote that I think Lorna meant - he used to cross his legs and say that didnt he.

That's the one.

Ross224 Sep 27th 2009 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by duffer (Post 7954967)

lol

37100 Sep 30th 2009 11:58 am

Just remembered that there is an English library in verona for English and would be English speakers. They host events and get togethers. Give me a bit more time and my worn out brain will eventualy come up with the name. If it doesn't, when I'm back in verona, I'll go and see if I can find it.

kyandrews Oct 11th 2009 9:47 am

Hi - we have just arrived but are in Parma (about an hours away from you) and I too am worried about being lonely here. My husband has a lot of time off but I am still alone for so much of the week, meeting a few woman would be fantastic! We are getting a car this week so maybe we could arrange to meet at a half way mark once I get used to the roads?

Ky :)