British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   Covid vaccines/green pass (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/covid-vaccines-green-pass-942526/)

C.2s Jan 27th 2022 4:42 pm

Re: Covid vaccines/green pass

It's interesting how whenever any system of rules/regulations is created that people immediately think about how to game the system. I think it's human nature to want to do this. But in this case I'm not sure that deliberately catching Covid is a better choice than simply getting vaccinated. I guess it depends on whether one thinks the risk of side effects from the vaccine is worse than the risk of illness as a result of catching the virus. Then you might calculate the time and effort spent getting vaccinated compared to the time spent in quarantine if you test positive. Of course that would only be on a purely personal (selfish?) level...on a wider note if you catch the virus you can transmit it to someone else, but you can't pass the vaccine on to anyone else.

Is it counterintuitive legislation? Again it seems to make sense to me from a regulatory point of view, because the effects of having the vaccine/catching and recovering from the virus is more or less the same.... your body creates antibodies.

And don't forget that any type of green pass will still only be valid for 6 months from the date you recover...so there's not a great advantage as far as I can see

Rose68 Jan 27th 2022 5:48 pm

Is it true that only 'super green passes - 3 vaccine doses' will have limitless validity?

philat98 Jan 27th 2022 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Rose68 (Post 13090749)
Is it true that only 'super green passes - 3 vaccine doses' will have limitless validity?

https://www.fanpage.it/politica/gree...are-in-vigore/

Rose68 Jan 27th 2022 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by philat98 (Post 13090753)

Grazie.

Walton Jan 28th 2022 11:57 am

Thanks for all your helpful responses.....the limitless green pass makes absolute sense....

37100 Jan 28th 2022 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Walton (Post 13090904)
Thanks for all your helpful responses.....the limitless green pass makes absolute sense....

Limitless until the rules change again.:rofl:

C.2s Feb 1st 2022 8:09 pm

I don't want to cast doubt on the website Fanpage.it (who?) but I think it's slightly overstating things.

The general opinion is that Green Pass validity will go back to being 9 months, but it's not actually official yet. At the moment, from today, the legal position is that it's 6 months. There's supposed to be another decree published on Thursday... but it might not immediately change to 9 months validity.

Let's hope it does, but for now we have to wait and see

Pica Feb 2nd 2022 10:11 am

How do you get a new green pass after first one expired yesterday? And what is the point of having to apply for a new one?

Serrano Feb 2nd 2022 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Pica (Post 13092130)
How do you get a new green pass after first one expired yesterday? And what is the point of having to apply for a new one?

What do you mean by 'apply for'?

Pica Feb 2nd 2022 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Serrano (Post 13092159)
What do you mean by 'apply for'?

Sorry-wrong word. What I mean is how to get a new green pass. Had 3 doses of vaccine now.

Rose68 Feb 2nd 2022 1:22 pm

Have you tried contacting your local ASL?

philat98 Feb 2nd 2022 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Pica (Post 13092167)
Sorry-wrong word. What I mean is how to get a new green pass. Had 3 doses of vaccine now.

There is an app Verifac19 that shows you if your green pass is valid. Try it with your QR code.

SanNico Feb 3rd 2022 8:56 am

You can add the pass to your phone wallet here: Create your Digital EU Covid Certificate Pass | GetCovidPass.eu

Just be sure to scan the most recent QR and that it shows 2/2 (2 shot, full) or 3/2 (2 shot full plus booster). For those who had Janssen or another single shot (unlikely many of us), it should read 1/1 (1 shot full) or 2/1 1 shot full plus booster).

37100 Feb 3rd 2022 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Pica (Post 13092167)

You should receive an authocode within 48 hrs of your vaccination. Just follow the link.