Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Covid vaccines/green pass

Covid vaccines/green pass

Old Jan 26th 2022, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Walton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Covid vaccines/green pass

As it is now compulsory for the over 50’s to have been vaccinated against covid does anyone know how many jabs you have had to have?

Also....the green pass rules seem to be as clear as mud (or is that just me).....I had a text saying my green pass runs out 1st Feb.....it seems that I can’t go to lots of places until I have had my booster....that will give me a super green pass....but it looks like there is a basic green pass....what’s that all about?
Old Jan 26th 2022, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid vaccines/green pass

Originally Posted by Walton
As it is now compulsory for the over 50’s to have been vaccinated against covid does anyone know how many jabs you have had to have?

Also....the green pass rules seem to be as clear as mud (or is that just me).....I had a text saying my green pass runs out 1st Feb.....it seems that I can’t go to lots of places until I have had my booster....that will give me a super green pass....but it looks like there is a basic green pass....what’s that all about?
The only point of the super green pass is to exclude the anti vaxers.
Here are the rules.
https://www.wantedinrome.com/news/co...0-january.html
Old Jan 26th 2022, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Great article but still doesn’t explain what happens when your 2 vaccine green pass runs out...then what?
Old Jan 26th 2022, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Walton
Great article but still doesn’t explain what happens when your 2 vaccine green pass runs out...then what?
I would go to the ASL website and book a booster vaccination.
Old Jan 26th 2022, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute

Well to summarise the article I read about vaccine validity, it means that any existing vaccine validity is six months max (this rule comes into effect on the 1st Feb).

So if say one's last vaccination was 7 months ago one could obtain the Super Green Pass today... but one couldn't after 31Jan without first getting the booster.

The basic Green Pass is still available, and can be obtained by getting a negative test or having antibodies through prior infection or by having been vaccinated. The article from 'Wanted in Rome' gives the list of what activities can be done with a Green Pass and which require a Super Green Pass.

So one could choose to not be vaccinated/not get the booster if one didn't want a Super Green Pass.

BUT my interpretation is that this talk of Basic, Super and Reinforced Green Passes has no direct connection to the rules/law about all over 50s being vaccinated. As far as I can see that's not a choice. If you are over 50 and your vaccine status is either not vaccinated or not up to date then it looks as though you are automatically breaking the law and risk a fine.

Ps. To confuse matters further there's talk of extending the validity of third doses back to 9months ... but I don't think that's official yet
Old Jan 26th 2022, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

I have already booked for the booster....what then? Apparently that will get you 6 months of super green pass...and then? Another booster....????

Are you vaccinated with one jab, 2 jabs...3 jabs....what is the compulsory? I understand the new rules is to punish the anti vaxers....what about all the businesses that unless you have super green pass or recovered from Covid you are excluded from.....there’s no cohesive thinking going on....you can’t even go into the post office without a super green pass....
Old Jan 26th 2022, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

C.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond reputeC.2s has a reputation beyond repute

Okay. Don't shoot the messenger(s). We're just trying to answer your questions. :-)

As I understand it you need a Green Pass (not a Super Green Pass) for Post Offices. This is also what it says in the article from Wanted in Rome.

But I take your point about what happens next and what's the economic impact. I can see both sides of the argument, but to put myself in the shoes of those who support these regulations I think they would argue this:

Nobody truly knows if we will need further boosters and/or restrictions. It depends on how the virus situation evolves. The evidence from the UK and South Africa suggests that Omicron spreads widely and rapidly, but with a much lower percentage number of deaths and serious cases, especially in populations that are younger, generally fitter, and vaccinated. And that three vaccinations seem to be necessary to give the best level of protection. The good news is that maybe this wave reaches a peak quite rapidly. However, in the USA they are currently experiencing some of the worst daily death rates and hospitalisation rates that they have experienced during the pandemic. The evidence seems to suggest that the two groups in US society suffering the most are the over 65s and the unvaccinated, especially if they have other preexisting illnesses or are obese. Therefore many hospitals in the US are under pressure. Italy has a large portion of the population over 50 and many of them were vaccinated a long time ago, so they probably need more protection. In that light the idea of vaccinating everyone over 50 three times seems to be quite logical, because people over 50 who are not vaccinated are statistically more likely to need hospital treatment, and we need to reduce the pressure on hospitals. In the hope that we will relatively quickly ride out this wave, that we will reach a point where the virus is endemic, and hopefully be able to remove a lot of restrictions. But it's possible that the virus will mutate again...actually it's absolutely certain that it will mutate... but it isn't certain whether those mutations will be stronger or weaker. The general expectation is it will get weaker, and then hopefully we can all move on.
Old Jan 26th 2022, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Rose68 is an unknown quantity at this point

My "Super green pass" is valid for 9 months (3 vaccine doses, 3rd one in December). I suppose the validity date just indicates that before then, we will most probably be summoned for another booster, like they're doing in Israel (4 doses).
Old Jan 26th 2022, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rose68
My "Super green pass" is valid for 9 months (3 vaccine doses, 3rd one in December). I suppose the validity date just indicates that before then, we will most probably be summoned for another booster, like they're doing in Israel (4 doses).
It says in the news today that with 3 doses the Green Pass will have no expiry date.
Old Jan 26th 2022, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by philat98
It says in the news today that with 3 doses the Green Pass will have no expiry date.
Well, that's a bit of good news, at least.
Old Jan 26th 2022, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Over 50s can opt not to be vaccinated and pay a €100 fine and be very limited in places you can enter. Not sure if it's the same for under 50s.
Old Jan 26th 2022, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by campos
Over 50s can opt not to be vaccinated and pay a €100 fine and be very limited in places you can enter. Not sure if it's the same for under 50s.

Is it a one off fine?
Old Jan 27th 2022, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

I found an interesting article from Il Sole 24 ore (dated 17/1/22), after digiting 'multa no vax over 50.'
Sorry, I don't know how to insert links!
Old Jan 27th 2022, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C.2s
Is it a one off fine?
i believe so.
Old Jan 27th 2022, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Scott Buss is an unknown quantity at this point

It is counterintuitive , but it seems that as long as you have had Covid 19 everything is a pass.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 28th 2022 at 10:08 am. Reason: Site Rule 2 - pls don't suggest ways around the rules.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.