Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Old Mar 18th 2010, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Originally Posted by Patty
Found 'Malted Milk' english biscuits in a Co-op store today. They are sooo nice. They even have the little cow on each biscuit just like home
Malted biscuits sound promising....who knows custard creams next week....the mutt would be happy!!!and I do mean the 4 legged one....enjoys a custard cream and bowl of tea mid-morning
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Originally Posted by angeli
Malted biscuits sound promising....who knows custard creams next week....the mutt would be happy!!!and I do mean the 4 legged one....enjoys a custard cream and bowl of tea mid-morning
MY OH would consider it sacrilegious to feed a dog custard creams Angeli... those and bourbons are his faves and he's not a natural dog-lover....
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by indiebird
MY OH would consider it sacrilegious to feed a dog custard creams Angeli... those and bourbons are his faves and he's not a natural dog-lover....
Mutt when a puppy, was spoilt by 'Auntie Eve' who we called in to see after early morning trek, he and me were always welcomed by a custard cream and cup/bowl of tea......Mutt is now 10 and not a day has passed without this ritual taking place...Friends send Value packets (about 24 in pkt), 2 in a jiffy bag cost 70p to buy - £7.10 to post, but its worth just seeing the joy on his face when postie delivers the goods...maybe you could get friend to post OH some CC's or bourbons just to see the grin hopefully he wouldn't salivate quite so much tho'
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:41 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Custard creams are just nasty. What is WRONG with YOU people!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by duffer
Custard creams are just nasty. What is WRONG with YOU people!
You are obviously too fat to enjoy a 'nasty' yummy custard cream...shame
By the way, how is diet going....
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by angeli
You are obviously too fat to enjoy a 'nasty' yummy custard cream...shame
By the way, how is diet going....
yes Duffer.... how's the diet? Obviously not cheering you up any is it....

I'm not paying £7.10 postage for my OH to have bourbons... What ARE you thinking Angeli!!??
Old Mar 19th 2010, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by indiebird
yes Duffer.... how's the diet? Obviously not cheering you up any is it....

I'm not paying £7.10 postage for my OH to have bourbons... What ARE you thinking Angeli!!??
Think Duffer quiet as mouth sewn up to prevent intake
Indie, you get others back home to pay the postage and OH a happy boy
Old Mar 26th 2010, 6:23 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

I bought chocolate macvitie digestives in the coop, eat them with a cup of tea, nice
Old Mar 26th 2010, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Phil2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh yeah, that's nice bricwood

Old Mar 26th 2010, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Yummy, stock up tho' they tend not to sell them here in the summer as chocolate melts !!! Maybe I'll suggest custard creams and bourbons to fill shelves during summer.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

dina1965 will become famous soon enoughdina1965 will become famous soon enough

I recently convinced the owner of our local "sisa" to stock mcvities digestives (original, milk chocolate, dark chocolate and fruit shortcake) ... now all I need is to convince all my italian friends to go and buy them so he'll continue ordering them - there's a limit to how many I can eat by myself !
Old Mar 26th 2010, 1:31 pm
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

I also bought 2 of what I think were italian easter cakes one in chocolate my friend who flew over last week and me really enjoyed them, surprised at the amount of easter eggs for sale they must celebrate easter big time
Old Mar 27th 2010, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Got your Marmite Bricwood. Just hope it will fit in the case
Old Mar 27th 2010, 11:06 am
Banned

you are a wonder, are you going to get on a plane with it! don't get knicked on my account please
Old Mar 27th 2010, 11:08 am
Banned

my mate brought me a load of tea bags last week but they don't show on x-ray ,is marmite a liquid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.