Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Found alcoholic pear cider (4.5%) in IKEA today... veery nice, not too dry not too sweet. Just right for my taste! Just goes down a bit too easy... wish I'd brought more... two cans wasn't enough....
Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

ballerina will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
McVities have rebranded all the biscuits they sell here as Digestives....work that one out!! Still Hobnobs, shortcake etc. but they are now called digestives...
The rebranding, I reckon it's a sales tactic.. Things to aid digestion seem to sell in bucketloads!

Thank god for milk choc digestives! Although this will be the end to me staying slum in Italy
Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

ballerina will become famous soon enough

*slim*
Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:33 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Are digestives *posh* then??

Stick nutella on top instead and they would be perfect for the Italian health food market!!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by indiebird
Found alcoholic pear cider (4.5%) in IKEA today... veery nice, not too dry not too sweet. Just right for my taste! Just goes down a bit too easy... wish I'd brought more... two cans wasn't enough....
Did you drink it straight from the can?
Old Mar 12th 2010, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure it was alcoholic Indie ? if it is then I'm off to Ikea tomorrow at 8am
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Patty
Are you sure it was alcoholic Indie ? if it is then I'm off to Ikea tomorrow at 8am
It is alcoholic 4.5%.... I did put it into a glass first.... but as OH just said: 'It was €3 a can (500ml) so you're not having an unlimited supply!!' Spoilsport!! It was downstairs by the tills in the food section. Check the cans Patty as they had alcoholic and non alcoholic versions.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:32 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

You drank a LITRE of pear cider last night!!! Isn't that 2 pints + and is wasn't enough!! I think I'm with Jamie on this one! If nothing else you've just found the fastest way to put back on all the weight you've lost!! Stay away from the pear cider! Anyway you ignorant booger, you should be calling it perry - lol - you're drinking babycham!!! So ask yourself, would you drink a litre of Babycham?!
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:36 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

You drank a LITRE of pear cider last night!!! Isn't that 2 pints + and is wasn't enough!! I think I'm with Jamie on this one! If nothing else you've just found the fastest way to put back on all the weight you've lost!! Stay away from the pear cider! Anyway you ignorant booger, you should be calling it perry - lol - you're drinking babycham!!! So ask yourself, would you drink a litre of Babycham?!
1 litre is less than 2 pints.

My mum used to like babycham. I remember the little picture of the prancing deer on the lables.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:42 am
The Original Red Head!

A pint is 454 ml isn't it? But even so..! Did your mum drink it by the litre too Lorna?

I now have a picture of Indie with a party size bottle of babycham and a straw - still with the blue shiny paper around the top. Btw, I like brandy and babycham when I was flush!!
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
1 litre is less than 2 pints.

My mum used to like babycham. I remember the little picture of the prancing deer on the lables.
I only drank one can last night!! I'm saving the other one. TBH one was enough for me last night! All that walking round IKEA with Jamie and discussing frying pans and the like wore me out!! Also I don't like Babycham!! One of the nightclubs we used to go to (and remember this was mid 1990s for me) had a 'Babycham Bar' as they were trying to make it popular again... it still tasted foul and that bar was never busy!! This was just after my 'diamond white days' though so maybe the Diamond White put me off??!! I got into Magners and another brand that my mum brought that I can't remember the name of over xmas this year. I'm not a fan of Strongbow either really, but proper scrumpy cider is lovely....
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:48 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

A pint is 454 ml isn't it? But even so..! Did your mum drink it by the litre too Lorna?

I now have a picture of Indie with a party size bottle of babycham and a straw - still with the blue shiny paper around the top. Btw, I like brandy and babycham when I was flush!!
No - she kept the little bottles in a drinks cabinet and only had one on special occasions. She drank cider if she went out with dad. She has since moved on to white wine with a meal sometimes - only if it's sparkling though so she's okay with the prosecco here - and she has a small vodka and coke now as a nightcap sometimes. She's convinced herself it helps her sleep better.

I once drank a whole bottle of red currant fruit grappa with a friend. We mixed it with lemonade and it went down like fizzy fruit juice.... until we stood up and realised our legs had lost all the ability to move properly. We did sleep like logs that night though
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

It used to be all sorts when I was younger.... Does anybody remember bottles of MD 20/20??? They came in loads of weird and wonderful flavours and we used to get a bottle of that each with a straw... we were classy chicks me and my mates.... the colour of their vomit was spectacular.... I hardly ever vommed!!
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:55 am

There's a fakey fake Irish pub not too far from where I live and I've heard they're having a bit of a 'do' for St. Pat's.
I might go and get spectacularly drunk and then stand up on one of the tables and sing "Danny Boy".
Can you get barred from Italian bars?
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
There's a fakey fake Irish pub not too far from where I live and I've heard they're having a bit of a 'do' for St. Pat's.
I might go and get spectacularly drunk and then stand up on one of the tables and sing "Danny Boy".
Can you get barred from Italian bars?
find out and report back Lorna!! We used to go into the Irish bars in Brighton when I was younger for St Patricks day. So much fun... so many nice (and not so nice) irish men all wanting to give you a kiss!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.