Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
What films has she sent you?? I got Star Trek, Angels and Demons, Ice Age 3 and Monsters v. Aliens while I was there! The first one isn't out yet or wasn't when we left and the others were just expensive here! I bought about 6 mags, two for the kids and 4 for me! I put Good Housekeeping back, decided it wasn't quite what I wanted!!
Maybe its an age thing Testa but I love Good Housekeeping
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Originally Posted by Patty
Maybe its an age thing Testa but I love Good Housekeeping
*coughs* me too! But then I accept that I'm not exactly hip and happening. Always had a bit of a thing about it and BBC Good Food too..... sad really but true. When my friends came over last year they left all their 'Hellos' and 'Ok's and whatever else and I didn't even know who 3/4 of the 'Celebs' were....
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
*coughs* me too! But then I accept that I'm not exactly hip and happening. Always had a bit of a thing about it and BBC Good Food too..... sad really but true. When my friends came over last year they left all their 'Hellos' and 'Ok's and whatever else and I didn't even know who 3/4 of the 'Celebs' were....
Oh tell me about it - my niece just left me all those mags and I thought ' who cares ' I really cant read another page about bloody Jordan !!! Much prefer the sensible magazines
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:45 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

No I got Woman and Home! As well as She, Tatler and Harpers. They have some interesting articles in and W&H and She are good for recipes and stuff.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

No I got Woman and Home! As well as She, Tatler and Harpers. They have some interesting articles in and W&H and She are good for recipes and stuff.
I quite like Psychologies too...... ahhhhhh magazines..... TR you could have brought yourself a couple of books for the cost of that little lot!!
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:48 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I got them too! Lol! Two on special offer at the airport and some for me and the kids in London!! I'm not that daft! Like I said to ernesto I lost €135 on the exchange rate when I changed my cash at the airport, so any sterling I had left I made sure I spent at the airport as I knew I would get shafted the other way if I tried to change it back. Won't need to take cash next time anyway now I know that my card can be used in the UK. Having 5 numbers in the pin code threw me and I didn't think it would work!!

Anyway my darling son is sat next to me while I type and it's worse than having a cat playing around on the keyboard!! He keeps prodding things and opening the cd drawer - at one point he knocked me back a page!! He also wants to know if we are all mad - because we don't just type smilies I think and actually have conversations!! But there you go!!
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have you not explained... in txt spk that it is an advantage to be mad living here??!!

Wonder if I can use dodgy exchange rate as an excuse to buy a load of books and mags when I'm back for xmas??!!
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:57 pm
The Original Red Head!

Only if you are buying them with an Italian Credit card!! Because the euro is so strong against the pound you will actually being paying less for them - if you see what I mean!! Also don't forget the specials airside - the hardbacks in paperback, 2 for £10, they are the ones I go for as they are all the new releases! Have fun!
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:06 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

You might be better off paying for them using your Bancomat because, if it's like my Italian credit card, they charge 1.75% for foreign transactions and might not be the best exchange rate when it hits you account.

Borders have a closing down sale with many items at 80%! I doubt it'll be around when we get there. Bummer.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by duffer
Borders have a closing down sale with many items at 80%! I doubt it'll be around when we get there. Bummer.
I know!! I'm gutted

Must admit that most of our money is in Sterline as that is what dh gets paid in so we have English credit cards. Have got a bancomat here but don't really use it as DH just transfers enough money now to pay the bills and to give us enough cash for a few months at a time. Shopping and stuff goes on the UK credit card as we get a reasonable rate and no fee as far as I'm aware...
Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

jenny g is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello to you all... just to tell you i have just finished doing my Christmas shopping on line from Marks & Spencers...I only have to pay £5.00 for all of my order...very good value i think!!..Will let you know when the shipment arrives (hopefully intact)..have a good day!! Jenny
Old Dec 4th 2009, 12:24 pm
The Original Red Head!

So it wasn't food you wanted then?? Or are they sending food too now? Having said that Lorna put you at the start so it's not your fault we got the wrong end of the stick! But maybe you could have come back and clarified anyway??

Lorna - I'm hiding behind a sofa...
Old Dec 4th 2009, 12:58 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

So it wasn't food you wanted then?? Or are they sending food too now? Having said that Lorna put you at the start so it's not your fault we got the wrong end of the stick! But maybe you could have come back and clarified anyway??

Lorna - I'm hiding behind a sofa...
Errr - thought I was going crazy for a minute there. Yes I did start this thread with Jenny's post as the first one - but her first post said "food".
I only changed the thread - not the words in her post.

You can come out of hiding now TR.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

where has my post gone???????????? i just wrote a longish letter..which by the way i also did last week..but they have bloodywell disappeared!!!!!!!!!!!! Lorna help!!!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry..did i perhaps send it to testa rossa??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.