Reload this Page >

citizenship at London office

citizenship at London office

Old Feb 23rd 2017, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Iamjustme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default citizenship at London office

I have been trying to get an appointment for cittadinazza at the London Office,
for months. I just cannot see any appointments released when I go in to the portal and I have tried looking for ages.

It is for citizenship by birth, due to me being born in UK but having an Italian citizen parent.

The phone number for the Office is just a recorded message, I tried calling during allotted time in the afternnon for that dept. and it is engaged line.

How can I proceed, if I cannot get an appointment. I have my birth certificate, and a copy of my parents Italian ID card.

Can I do this procedure in Italy instead or does it have to be in UK?
Old Feb 24th 2017, 6:45 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: citizenship at London office

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm not exactly sure what it is that you are trying to get since you are already an Italian citizen.
Are you wanting to get a certificate to prove your Italian citizenship?
Do you know if your parents registered your birth with the Italian Embassy when you were born?
I don't think an Italian ID card is enough. I think you will need your parent's birth certificate ............... and lots of money. If I'm not mistaken it costs about £300

Is this the website you have been using?

Cittadinanza per discendenza
Old Feb 24th 2017, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Hi,

No I am a UK citizen, born in UK.
My mother is Italian citizen, born in Italy, she lives there now, but did live in London previously and was registered with the Londra office.

She did not register my birth with the London Italian consulate/emabassy - which means I am not automatically a citizen of Italy too, as far as I know.

I want Italian citizenship for myself, dual citizenship. via the birthright rule.

I cannot get an appointment in London, was wondering if anyone had same experience or had a way round this?

I am using the official website and there is a login and appointment calendar....but they just do not release dates to book and it has been months of checking.

Last edited by Iamjustme; Feb 24th 2017 at 11:26 am.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 1:07 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

If you were born after 1948 you are automatically an Italian citizen. Before 1948 mothers couldn't pass Italian citizenship onto their children, only fathers. Italians pass on citizenship through blood and not by place of birth. You can have both citizenships. You already have both if you were born after 1948.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 1:14 pm

If you can read Italian this is what it says on the website about booking appoinments online:

Si consiglia di provare a prenotare un appuntamento ogni lunedì e mercoledì notte dalle ore 19 (UK time), ora in cui il sistema automatico sblocca la prima data disponibile. Stante l’elevata domanda, i posti disponibili vanno esaurendosi nel giro di pochi minuti.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
If you can read Italian this is what it says on the website about booking appoinments online:

Si consiglia di provare a prenotare un appuntamento ogni lunedì e mercoledì notte dalle ore 19 (UK time), ora in cui il sistema automatico sblocca la prima data disponibile. Stante l’elevata domanda, i posti disponibili vanno esaurendosi nel giro di pochi minuti.
Yes, I do read Italian. But just try to book, it simply does not release anything visible for me to book!! I will keep trying, as I gave up and decided to find another way around it.

In response to Lorna - Yes after 1948, although, I am not sure that I am automatically a citizen as we speak, as my birth was not registered at the consulate, so I have no paperwork. I realise I have the right to citizenship though - it is just a question of getting an appointment, giving them the docs they want and getting a bit of paper (I assume).

I need the bit of paper, so I can apply for an Italian passport. I do not think I can just get a passport without going through citizenship dept. first (or so I read somewhere).

Last edited by Iamjustme; Feb 24th 2017 at 3:44 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2017, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Iamjustme
Yes, I do read Italian. But just try to book, it simply does not release anything visible for me to book!! I will keep trying, as I gave up and decided to find another way around it.

In response to Lorna - Yes after 1948, although, I am not sure that I am automatically a citizen as we speak, as my birth was not registered at the consulate, so I have no paperwork. I realise I have the right to citizenship though - it is just a question of getting an appointment, giving them the docs they want and getting a bit of paper (I assume).

I need the bit of paper, so I can apply for an Italian passport. I do not think I can just get a passport without going through citizenship dept. first (or so I read somewhere).
You are - as we speak - automatically Italian through blood lines. You just don't have any actual proof of it. A birth doesn't have to be registered by law but it might help further down the line for descendants...... like you now. I never ever registered my children on the UK registers at birth. Mostly because it cost a lot of money and also because I knew they had those rights anyway. I just applied directly for them to get a UK passport as being British by descent and they got one. I applied as the mummy before they got to age 18.

Both of them have an Italian identity card that says : Cittadinanza Italiana and both of them have a UK passport that says: British Citizen.

I don't know why you can't get an appointment through the proper channels .... it did say that it's always very busy and to try at 7pm UK time. I'm not sure what else to suggest.
Old Feb 25th 2017, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

From what Lorna has said it would indeed seem like you just need to apply for an Italian passport.
Old Feb 25th 2017, 9:09 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
From what Lorna has said it would indeed seem like you just need to apply for an Italian passport.
I doubt that. Not with the Italian love of paper work. Pretty sure that he will need to be registered at the AIRE first and to do that he will need proof that he is an Italian citizen.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

No, one has to apply for citizenship first. But still unable to get an appointment at London office, using online system. I am about to give up, which is a shame.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

mmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond reputemmmmbuti has a reputation beyond repute

So basically there is a new system where people need to confirm the appointment at the latest 3 days before the date they have got. If they don't confirm, the appointment is cancelled and their time slot becomes available again. I would adivice you to check frequently the website appointments calendar on Fridays and Mondays (3 days before Tuesdays and Thursdays), this way you could get, on a very short notice, somebody else's appointment.
Old May 29th 2018, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Costanza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I am also trying tto get an appointment for citizenship jure sanguinis. I have been trying for over 6 months using the online system but the apointments which come up on Sunday and Wednesday evening go in less than a second. I have tried doing it with my son who is quicker than me on the computer but even doing it together we cannot get an appointment. I also look every day for cancellations but have not been successful. I just dont know what to do next!
Old May 29th 2018, 6:59 am
Just Joined

I meant Monday and Wednesday evenings
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Woodstore is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi IamJustMe,

Just browsing the site and found your earlier querie about Citizenship and currently unable to get an appointment at the London Consulate...slots all busy. I have exactly the same situation ie mother born in Italy, now lives in Rome, I born and live in the UK post 1948 and with all the Brexit issues want to retain being an EU citizen. Did you obtain dual citizenship? How long did the process take to become an Italian citizen? Any advice to make the process easy? Many thanks
Old Sep 24th 2018, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Hi there
Sorry to hear that you are having the same trouble, but not surprised. I have got nowhere with my application because I cannot get an appointment at the Consulate! I hope you are luckier than me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.