Citizenship language exam

Citizenship language exam

Old Jul 15th 2020, 7:10 pm
ibw
Just Joined

ibw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship language exam

Hi folks,
My wife is Italian but we live in the UK. I'm interested in gaining Italian citizenship due to brexit really. I had a brief look at various exam prep sites and I think I'd do fine with everything except the oral exam. I'm not a great speaker really, though I have good comprehension and could happily watch films in Italian with no problem. I really don't speak a lot though. Could anyone who's done the B1 exam tell me what sort of level of fluency is expected from it? I looked on youtube and all the examples I could see were native Italians walking through it, which I didn't find very useful
Old Jul 15th 2020, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship language exam

Tell your wife you can only speaking Italian between midnight and noon. You will walk it.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

B1 is intermediate - enough to get by. They wont expect subjunctives or past remote (though in the written test they do - which means any Sicilian would fail) - If you have a good vocabulary and can use past present and the odd conditional youll walk it.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 11:05 am
ibw
Just Joined

Thanks for the feedback.
Old Jul 17th 2020, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

VEROVITA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ibw
Hi folks,
My wife is Italian but we live in the UK. I'm interested in gaining Italian citizenship due to brexit really. I had a brief look at various exam prep sites and I think I'd do fine with everything except the oral exam. I'm not a great speaker really, though I have good comprehension and could happily watch films in Italian with no problem. I really don't speak a lot though. Could anyone who's done the B1 exam tell me what sort of level of fluency is expected from it? I looked on youtube and all the examples I could see were native Italians walking through it, which I didn't find very useful
What really helped me was a YouTube site called ItalyMadeEasy run by Manu Venditti. He has from beginner through to advanced exercises. I liked the manageable pace and his friendly manner. He is a good teacher because his lessons have stuck with me (and I passed my italian exam for citizenship!)
Old Jul 17th 2020, 12:27 pm
ibw
Just Joined

Originally Posted by VEROVITA
What really helped me was a YouTube site called ItalyMadeEasy run by Manu Venditti. He has from beginner through to advanced exercises. I liked the manageable pace and his friendly manner. He is a good teacher because his lessons have stuck with me (and I passed my italian exam for citizenship!)
Thanks for the tip. Looks good.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Hi , you can take a B1 for citizenship which is slightly simpler than the standard B1 , the level of understanding required is quite basic .
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 9:03 am
ibw
Just Joined

Interesting. I didn't know that. Seems there are pros and cons. If you fail one part of the B1 citizenship you have to retake it all, whereas you can just retake one or more parts you fail in the regular exam. Also according to another site there's a one-off oral only B1 exam available in September due to covid.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

If you can find a place on the one off oral exam it might be the easiest option , but they may already be full up
Old Jul 25th 2020, 9:00 am
ibw
Just Joined

I took an online lesson/evaluation with a teacher who also does the examination at this level. Seems I'd probably pass as I am but will do a few practice sessions with this person and a bit more studying anyway. Seems there are tons of resources on the web for language learning, so will try a few.