Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

cheap glasses online

cheap glasses online

Old Jan 26th 2010, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: cheap glasses online

Originally Posted by angeli
Mime have bendy sides but I'm frightened of bending them incase they fall apart (again)....just a bad design, bendy sides are a must !!!!!
I agree!!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Snowed in so could not get to airport....E-mailed VE (who had glasses for me waiting to be collected), they are going to post them, registered post, so I wont have to give up old ones after all...A result....if they ever arrive !!!!!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Snowed in so could not get to airport....E-mailed VE (who had glasses for me waiting to be collected), they are going to post them, registered post, so I wont have to give up old ones after all...A result....if they ever arrive !!!!!
They posted a pair of OH's and they arrived okay. Took about a week....
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by indiebird
They posted a pair of OH's and they arrived okay. Took about a week....
Thanks for that Indiebird.... I live in hope....
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that Indiebird.... I live in hope....
They came with our normal postie and I just had to sign for them, but all was okay with them. Will keep for youxxx
Old Jan 29th 2010, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by indiebird
They came with our normal postie and I just had to sign for them, but all was okay with them. Will keep for youxxx
A week is good, used to post 'small package' - totally legit stuff every week from uk here - luxuries for 4 legs and Mutt(OH)- good name for him, it would take on average 2 weeks to get here, dont know why, think it must sit in local sorting office until postie has 2 or more things to deliver down this track Good thing was, nothing went astray...so better late than never
Old Feb 9th 2010, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Now have new glasses and can see again...small problem as day progresses hurts behind my ears......above them...sort of mking a small ridge...sounds horrid but hair hides....pain stops when I site them an inch above ears but look is not good..... Has anyone else had similar problem or is it just me Old glasses did it sometimes too.. maybe I'm turning into a martian... Lorna, you used to work for glasses people...can you advise
Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:13 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

You need to go to a proper opticians with a machine that can heat up the arms for you - you probably need them straightening out a bit, if they are too curved they will dig in. My Optician in the Uk used to heat them up over something like a hairdryer - if you are confident you could try it yourself, but don't overbend them!!
Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

Now have new glasses and can see again...small problem as day progresses hurts behind my ears......above them...sort of mking a small ridge...sounds horrid but hair hides....pain stops when I site them an inch above ears but look is not good..... Has anyone else had similar problem or is it just me Old glasses did it sometimes too.. maybe I'm turning into a martian... Lorna, you used to work for glasses people...can you advise
i am not an optician but i have had this problem lots.
only try this if you can definately bend/ shape your glasses arms.
dont force them as they may not be bendable?
your glasses' arms have a bend in them to hook over your ears.
this bend angle and distance from frame is set to fit mrs (and mr) average.
i have a weird shaped head (think spacehopper with sky dishes on the side) so every pair of glasses ive ever had needed the angle of the bend on the arms changed quite a bit, so i bent them myself, as a couple of opticians said i just need to get used to them .
if the angle is too sharp they cut into the back of your ears, if it isnt sharp enough they constantly slip forward .
assuming you can bend/straighten this angle, as on some glasses it doesn't look possible.
try a very small adjustment at a time and wear for a bit before more bending
Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
You need to go to a proper opticians with a machine that can heat up the arms for you - you probably need them straightening out a bit, if they are too curved they will dig in. My Optician in the Uk used to heat them up over something like a hairdryer - if you are confident you could try it yourself, but don't overbend them!!
I wondered if that was the problem...new glasses are 'super uncomfortable' Oakley ones, and arms are straight but bend in towards my head at the ends so they dont slip off when bend down....realize if straightened them out they would not hurt so much but would be falling off face when I bent over...May have to do temp job with foam...like pipe insulating til can see optician. (Will have hair styled like Heidi...plaits oiled around ears to disguise..what do you think
Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davehornet6
i am not an optician but i have had this problem lots.
only try this if you can definately bend/ shape your glasses arms.
dont force them as they may not be bendable?
your glasses' arms have a bend in them to hook over your ears.
this bend angle and distance from frame is set to fit mrs (and mr) average.
i have a weird shaped head (think spacehopper with sky dishes on the side) so every pair of glasses ive ever had needed the angle of the bend on the arms changed quite a bit, so i bent them myself, as a couple of opticians said i just need to get used to them .
if the angle is too sharp they cut into the back of your ears, if it isnt sharp enough they constantly slip forward .
assuming you can bend/straighten this angle, as on some glasses it doesn't look possible.
try a very small adjustment at a time and wear for a bit before more bending
Dave, see what I said to TR.....think I have become so modern and fashion concious pain is to be expected....Will have spacehopper shapedexploding head soon....
Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:43 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I wondered if that was the problem...new glasses are 'super uncomfortable' Oakley ones, and arms are straight but bend in towards my head at the ends so they dont slip off when bend down....realize if straightened them out they would not hurt so much but would be falling off face when I bent over...May have to do temp job with foam...like pipe insulating til can see optician. (Will have hair styled like Heidi...plaits oiled around ears to disguise..what do you think
Lol! Heidi and Oakleys - there's a picture I'd have to see! I know the type, like you say, you need to straighten the arms away from your head - definitely for the optician as he should be able to do it without them then falling off. I have to admit, I don't think I'll be getting any online then as I have had loads of problems with fit over the years and what you are describing would just be unbearable!!
Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

www.goggles4U.com

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=cheap+specs

Last edited by Ozzidoc; Feb 9th 2010 at 5:54 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Lol! Heidi and Oakleys - there's a picture I'd have to see! I know the type, like you say, you need to straighten the arms away from your head - definitely for the optician as he should be able to do it without them then falling off. I have to admit, I don't think I'll be getting any online then as I have had loads of problems with fit over the years and what you are describing would just be unbearable!!
Will see if I can do picture for you of 'Heidi sporting 'Sporty' Oakleys' up snowey mountains.....but will wait for boils to appear behind ears to give 'finishing touch'.....and then may need wads of cottonwool dressings to pad out coiled plaits as hair now only shoulder length - need extensions'...the mind boggles.... Am back Stansted in 2 weeks so will get sorted at opticians...oh how they will love me.....gave me a free magnifying mirror last visit hoping to get rid of me
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:54 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Will see if I can do picture for you of 'Heidi sporting 'Sporty' Oakleys' up snowey mountains.....but will wait for boils to appear behind ears to give 'finishing touch'.....and then may need wads of cottonwool dressings to pad out coiled plaits as hair now only shoulder length - need extensions'...the mind boggles.... Am back Stansted in 2 weeks so will get sorted at opticians...oh how they will love me.....gave me a free magnifying mirror last visit hoping to get rid of me
Testarossa is right.

If they are plastic frames they need to get warmed up over a little heater machine that does indeed look a bit like the end of a hairdryer.
If they are metal frames then the job can be done with small opticians pliers that have cushioned pads on them.
Any optician here should be able to do it for you if you don't want to wait. Greedy ones might ask a small charge. Fitting is normally done when you pick up new specs but of course that can't work when they've been posted.

Get it done because you could end up having awful headaches from the extra pressure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.