Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Changing "stato di famiglia"

Changing "stato di famiglia"

Old Nov 27th 2018, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold
Default Changing "stato di famiglia"

Hi all! I wonder if anyone knows anything about the following:
I was married when I lived in England. When we separated, we didn't get divorced straight away, so wjhen I moved to Italy my permesso di soggiorno at the time said "coniugato". I don't remember exactly how or why, but at some point my "stato di famiglia" (marital status) was left vacant, so on my identity card it just says "--------".
I have since got the divorce certificate and would like to regularise my position but don't know how to go about it. I asked in the Comune but they gave me a garbled reply and I couldn't work out which office I needed to go to.(evidently they didn't know either).
I have an autheticated copy of the divorce certificate, which I presumably have to get translated and certified ("asseverato") but if anyone knows anything more precise about this kind of thing I'd be grateful for any advice!
Thanks
Old Dec 4th 2018, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud ofGeorgeYoung has much to be proud of
Default Re: Changing "stato di famiglia"

I've been looking at this from the other end of the telescope because my wife & I have never got round to officially registering our marriage here. From what I understand, you need the official UK document (and apostille if required) to be translated and certified as the local courthouse, as you say. Then I think it's a case of presenting it at your comune, presumably at the same office where you would present a residence or ID card application.
Old Dec 4th 2018, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for that, George! That's more or less what I imagined - I've got the divorce certificate with apostille, so I'll translate both and get the agency I work for to get it certified. My fear is that when I take it to the "anagrafe" I'll find some clerk who doesn't know what to do with it and gets out of it by saying I should go to another (unspecified) office! I'll see. Since starting this thread I've had one or two more urgent things to deal with, but when I get round to it I'll let you all know how I got on!
Old Dec 7th 2018, 8:03 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry about your Italian ID card. All of them are blank now where it says "stato civile". Something to do with privacy laws.
Old Dec 10th 2018, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Don't worry about your Italian ID card. All of them are blank now where it says "stato civile". Something to do with privacy laws.
Hmm... that rings a bell!. However, my marital stats must appear somewhere in the system and it would need to be consultable if I wanted to get married. It's not just a question of what's written on my identity card.
Thanks anyway, Lorna.