Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Changing Citizenship

Changing Citizenship

Old Mar 7th 2019, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future
Default Changing Citizenship

Good evening,

I lived in Italy for a couple of years and left in 2014 to return to the UK to work before moving back in January of this year. I did not realise I needed to sign myself off out of the local commune so was technically still resident using my UK passport.

I still have my old ID card so have been using that to get a doctor and convert my driving licence while waiting for the police to come and do the resident check.

However, I also have an Irish passport and obviously am keen to have this down as my citizenship to avoid any future issues. Has anyone else done something similar? Would I get a new ID card because of changing it? Would I need to apply for a new driving licence with different citizenship as the application form asks for your citizenship?

any advice would be much appreciated

thanks