Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Change MY I.P to UK server

Change MY I.P to UK server

Old Apr 4th 2014, 12:38 am
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Change MY I.P to UK server

Anyone do this?

I would like to see the BBC, but not a big deal

My reason is that I do a lot of Paypal transfers and I found out that my payments are often delayed as I have a UK bank but the system recognises I am in Italy doing transfers.

So to prevent this if I can use a proxy I.P I am hoping the transfers will go from 3 days to instant..

Anyone use a proxy I.P?

ta
Old Apr 4th 2014, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

arran29 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Change MY I.P to UK server

Originally Posted by 6monthshere6monthsthere
Anyone do this?

I would like to see the BBC, but not a big deal

My reason is that I do a lot of Paypal transfers and I found out that my payments are often delayed as I have a UK bank but the system recognises I am in Italy doing transfers.

So to prevent this if I can use a proxy I.P I am hoping the transfers will go from 3 days to instant..

Anyone use a proxy I.P?

ta
yes HMA, in the US, lets you have various IP addresses in a lot of different countries, so you can watch anything a person in that country can on a computer, so iplayer etc,costs less than the TV licence in the UK.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 7:44 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Expatshied is a free download. You turn it on and off as you wish and it gives you a UK IP address.
Old Apr 6th 2014, 11:05 pm
Banned

NEWCOMO is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are using a UK proxy service, make sure you have a provider that changes the IP address regularly, as some UK businesses will still block them as they know them ! (i.e catchup TV) or even national lottery.

You could ask your internet provider for a UK address but I would use HMA (as I know this moves IP address regularly) and/or Lorna's recommendation.