Wikiposts

Cat Death

Old Feb 16th 2010, 4:38 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cat Death

Well maybe something good will come out of your sorrow! All this talk of moggies made me stick my nose in the local vets tonight. There were dozens of posters for cats and kittens needing adopting! I'm going back either tomorrow or Thursday - maybe I have found a birthday present for myself after all!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

durobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud of

That sounds like a lovely idea,Testa Rossa. I hope you find the perfect one for you...though they do say that 2 is better!! The 1 good thing to come out of my loss, if it makes you home a lonely cat. Thank you.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 6:41 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad it gave you some cheer! If I can find two I would always prefer that. I'll keep you informed.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

pansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nice

so sorry. I find that if I lose a pet I go to a garden centre and plant a rose in memory of them, it gives me something to look after,If you sew make a special cushion, or knit, make blanket, A doctor I knew told me whenever something happens it helps if you sit down and think about it for half an hour ,then don,t think about it for half an hour, extend not thinking about as you go. hugs and kisses.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

juggler is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Well maybe something good will come out of your sorrow! All this talk of moggies made me stick my nose in the local vets tonight. There were dozens of posters for cats and kittens needing adopting! I'm going back either tomorrow or Thursday - maybe I have found a birthday present for myself after all!
Hi!

Just saw your message and though I realise it's a long shot, I thought it was worth contacting you. I am urgently seeking good, permanent homes for two wonderful 'kittens'...well, they're 6 and 7 months old, so still kittenish, but virtually impossible to find homes for. They are both male and in very good health. Both have sad stories to tell. One I found by the motorway where I live, with a fractured tail. When found he was in a very sorry state, emaciated etc. He is fully vaccinated, grey/white, and has incredible patience. He's more like a dog than a cat. He loves to climb up you, and sit on your back or shoulder, massaging you with his paws. He doesn't use his nails, and loves cuddles and strokes. The other has a completely different character. I found him very ill in the city centre. He was pretty much semi feral. He had cat flu, mites, then a rectal prolapse, then ringworm. He had to be kept pretty much in isolation for months (though I always maintained contact, playing etc). Unfortunately this led to him not being rehomed. He has just been given the all clear by the vet and is desperately in need of someone to adopt him, who has patience and loves cats. He's stunning, with long black/white fur. In 10 days he'll be able to be vaccinated, and then neutered etc.

I have rescued, treated and rehomed lots of dogs and cats during my time here in Italy, and these are my last. I am desperately needing to return to the UK. My long term Italian rescue dog (who has her pet passport ready to go) tries to kill cats, and with my complete lack of security and responsibility for her, there is absolutely no way I could consider keeping cats permanently. However, in the past I've transported rescue puppies up to Firenze for rehoming and I'm more than willing to take these two lovely cats absolutely anywhere in Italy where I can find someone dedicated and loving, to adopt them. I live in Reggio Calabria and the situation here with abandoned dogs and cats is terrible. We have no working neutering programme, and I've always had to pay for everything myself. But I am very happy to say a few vet's here have helped out so much by giving treatment free or at a reduced cost.

If you may be interested in finding out more about either 'Timmy' or 'Jimmy', please get in touch. I could send you recent photos with more detailed information. Here in Reggio the chances of finding someone to adopt them are very slim, and the older they get the further their chances are reduced. Oh, they do not live together at the moment, so don't need to be homed together.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:03 pm
The Original Red Head!

Juggler - let me think about it. The long hair is almost certainly a no no although b&w are my favourite and are the first colour I look for! My OH is allergic to cats but will tolerate short hairs. PM me photos of the other puss. Other thing is I have a 5 year old? She very lively!!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Juggler - let me think about it. The long hair is almost certainly a no no although b&w are my favourite and are the first colour I look for! My OH is allergic to cats but will tolerate short hairs. PM me photos of the other puss. Other thing is I have a 5 year old? She very lively!!
I agree, Jimmy (the black and white long hair) is out of the question. I've suffered a bit with his hair too! I wouldn't recommend he goes to a home with small children either! However, Timmy (grey and white short hair), is the sort of cat who would get on well in a family home. I just asked the vet's opinion, as he burnt himself on a car exhaust last week, and is currently (poor thing), having to stay in the vet's til tomorrow, wearing one of those cone collars...and she said he'd be perfectly happy living indoors and in a home with children. He's so laid back and very tolerant. His burn is healing well and his health in general is very good. But he still needs neutering. Whilst I've had Jimmy in the bedroom with ringworm, and my rescue dog in the other room, there's been no possibilty to bring Timmy in, to ensure he doesn't eat prior to anaesthetic. Though he is ready to be done. What address shall I send pics of him to? I can do that immediately. Oh, forgot to say that Timmy loves travelling, and is happy and chilled just lying in his cat carrier. I've never met a cat quite like him!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:24 pm
The Original Red Head!

Can you send them via email off here? Otherwise I'll PM you with it.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Can you send them via email off here? Otherwise I'll PM you with it.
Maybe it's possible to send an e-mail attachment through expats but I'm terrible with computers and can't work out how to send a photo. I've only used expats a few times. If you know perhaps you could tell me how to do it, if not, if you're happy to send me an e-mail address via a PM, I'll send them that way....I know how to do that!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

durobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud of

What did you decide to do TestaRossa? Let us know?
Its one week today since Piccola died. I planted a red carnation over her today,even though it is thick fog here. I planted it at 12.30...the time she died.I hope it will spread and flourish for her memory.
Still not feeling too good,but the Forum helps.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

pansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nice

you had the same idea how lovely. carnations are lovely. When I came here 2008 had only been here a week and my mum died she loved pansies, thats why I use pansy it reminds of her.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 2:57 am
The Original Red Head!

I'm in touch with juggler - will let you know when she's been back in touch with me. The short haired puss Timmy is a lovely looking cat though! We'll see.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

Timmy is lovely he really deserves a good home
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:05 am
The Original Red Head!

He looks it! We are hoping we can work something out - will let you know!