Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Car boot sales in Italy

Wikiposts

Car boot sales in Italy

Old Oct 10th 2012, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Car boot sales in Italy

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Cheers for the tip off duffer . .I see there's one in town. Might go and have a mosey.
Know what you mean about stigma of second hand; when I mention my Mum used to get me stuff from jumble sales... horror!!!
At the weekly market there are quite a few stalls that sell second-hand clothing. I have had a rummage before and found some nice centre pieces for the coffee table (they were hand-embroidered). Had a look at the clothes and noticed that a lot of them had German labels. Seems that the red cross in Germany sells the used clothes they collect and they end up down here! So much for the donations going to needy people!
Old Oct 10th 2012, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

claudius is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not set up a 'Swap it or Re-cycle it' FB community group. We have done one here in Marche, amazing what has been offered....Landrover Discovery, TV's, baths, cookers, baby / childrens clothes, beds, plums etc etc, then its up to you what exactly (get my drift) you swap it for
Old Oct 13th 2012, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

ballerina will become famous soon enough

talking of Porta Portese.. i remember going there years back when I lived in Rome and seeing a couple of zingari selling, amongst other stuff: one shoe, next to a mobile phone and laptop! btw, don't know HOW they can climb into those bins, they STINK!
Old Oct 16th 2012, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

jenny g is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning to you all!! In our area we have started to have car boot sales...they started out just very few and far between, with few stalls...but now on a Sunday morning the market places are absolutely full of sellers...and buyers!!! You pay roughly 10 euroines for the day...must only sell stuff that is used (obviously). I will try and find a link to pop on here.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Forgot to mention this area...Reggio Emilia.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Here goes...
Ottobre 2012
domenica 7 Ottobre a Calerno (RE) sulla via Emilia Reggio Em./Parma
modalità di iscrizione
per iscriversi é necessario inviare una richiesta via mail a: [email protected]
le mail dovranno essere inviate a partire da giovedì 27 settembre dalle ore 17:00 e non prima
- costo della piazzola 10 €
per ulteriori informazioni potete chiamare il numero 347.2995233

domenica 14 Ottobre a Cavriago (RE) nel centro del paese
modalità di iscrizione
per iscriversi é necessario inviare una richiesta via mail a: [email protected]
le mail dovranno essere inviate a partire da venerdì 5 ottobre dalle ore 18:00 e non prima
- costo della piazzola 10 €
per ulteriori informazioni potete chiamare il numero 347.6811710

Inoltre Vi ricordiamo che per tutte e 3 le manifestazioni valgono le seguenti regole:
- ogni mail corrisponde ad una prenotazione / piazzola, non vengono accettati più di un nome per mail
- nella mail dovranno essere specificati: nome, cognome ed eventuale nr. cellulare
- una piazzola dà il diritto di accesso ad una sola auto o furgone eventuali seconde auto per entrare a scaricare devono pagare 5€

Grazie per la collaborazione
Saluti
Lo Staff
Old Oct 16th 2012, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jenny g
Here goes...

thanks jenny .. looks good. May I ask who is organising it and under what name?
Old Oct 17th 2012, 9:10 am
Just Joined

jg73jg73 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was under the impression that car boot sales where illigal in Italy because you have to be registered for vat a friend of mine was told that they could not even have a garage sale or the police would prosecute them
Old Oct 17th 2012, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Roman_Mat is an unknown quantity at this point

By the way, some idea of how much it costs to have a selling point in a street market like the Porta Portese? because some people seems to sell very little, I can't imagine them paying high amounts....
Old Jul 9th 2013, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

renault is an unknown quantity at this point

we are living in France and coming to Italy ijn September so I looked on this forum to see if there will be any car boot sales - but it seems from the other contributors that there won't be. Pity, we enjoy them both in the uk and here in France where they are called "vide grenier".
Geoff
Old Jul 9th 2013, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

I've decided I'm going to hold a garage sale at Ferragosto (15/16th Aug) just to see if there are any vigili urbani around to fine me or whatever.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Sylsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

I have suggested this to the PTA at my son's scuola media, & they are thinking about it. Suggest it to an organization you know that needs to fundraise !
Old Jul 10th 2013, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sylsmum
I have suggested this to the PTA at my son's scuola media, & they are thinking about it. Suggest it to an organization you know that needs to fundraise !
..erm that would be my own "Moving House" fund. Please give generously.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
..erm that would be my own "Moving House" fund. Please give generously.
Hope it goes well for you Mark. Think I would be more concerned about Gestapo di Finanza than vigili though. Don't know how tolerant or disposed to look the other way they are up there.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ononno
Hope it goes well for you Mark. Think I would be more concerned about Gestapo di Finanza than vigili though. Don't know how tolerant or disposed to look the other way they are up there.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
yes they're pretty sharp . .I wonder what the sanctions are?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.