Reload this Page >

British Food Shop - Verona

British Food Shop - Verona

Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

CarrieW is on a distinguished road
Default British Food Shop - Verona

Ciao tutti,
Just following up from a 'tip off' by another forum member (thanks Katherine!) I went to a British food shop in Verona yesterday. They are changing their premises this weekend to a warehouse in Bussolengo, Verona.
They stock quite a few traditional British food lines (Heinz baked beans, Baxters soup, custard, tea, Cadbury's chocolate, biscuits, salad cream, Guinness etc) as well as some cleaning products. They also have a large range of Caribbean food and toiletries, and lots of spices I have found difficult to get in Italy.
We met the owner who was really helpful and seems open to requests for items (we now have a crate of Strongbow coming on the next delivery to Italy!)
Their website is still in it's infancy and only seems to show some of the ethnic ranges at the moment, but the owner said he was looking at improving the website after the shop move is complete, so hopefully it will be easier soon to see what is available.
If anyone is interested in the shops new details please send me a private message and I will forward the info to you.
Carrie
Old Nov 5th 2006, 2:28 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Food Shop - Verona

Originally Posted by CarrieW
Ciao tutti,
Just following up from a 'tip off' by another forum member (thanks Katherine!) I went to a British food shop in Verona yesterday. They are changing their premises this weekend to a warehouse in Bussolengo, Verona.
They stock quite a few traditional British food lines (Heinz baked beans, Baxters soup, custard, tea, Cadbury's chocolate, biscuits, salad cream, Guinness etc) as well as some cleaning products. They also have a large range of Caribbean food and toiletries, and lots of spices I have found difficult to get in Italy.
We met the owner who was really helpful and seems open to requests for items (we now have a crate of Strongbow coming on the next delivery to Italy!)
Their website is still in it's infancy and only seems to show some of the ethnic ranges at the moment, but the owner said he was looking at improving the website after the shop move is complete, so hopefully it will be easier soon to see what is available.
If anyone is interested in the shops new details please send me a private message and I will forward the info to you.
Carrie
Thanks for sharing.

PM me the link to their site and I'll add it to the links section.

Sue
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Clarky7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carrie,

I'm new to this site and couldn't find out how to PM you!! Anyway, would love to know where this site/shop is located. So jealous that you have cider on order.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Wayne
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 3:48 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clarky7
Hi Carrie,

I'm new to this site and couldn't find out how to PM you!! Anyway, would love to know where this site/shop is located. So jealous that you have cider on order.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Wayne

Welcome to the site.
Click on carries name and you will see a drop down box, with options of contact.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Clarky7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got it!

Thanks jdr,

Wayne
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:17 am
Just Joined

dpmerano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CarrieW
Ciao tutti,
Carrie
Hi,
living now for 3 years in the Alto Adige region and been several times for Shopping in Verona....but never came accross a British Shop there.....can someone please please pm me the address or internet site? Would love to go there to come back with a loadful of stuff :-)
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Fergelina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi DPMERANO,

We have been using this site for the past few years for delivery to Germany.
All products come in "cooling box systems".
Their bread is frozen, but will do fine for toast.
Delivery is around 5 working days:

www.xpatshop.co.uk

We have heard about the following online stores (never used them yet) from others:

www.britstore.co.uk
www.britishcornershop.co.uk

HTH

Fergelina

Last edited by Fergelina; Oct 3rd 2007 at 11:36 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fergelina
Hi DPMERANO,

We have been using this site for the past few years for delivery to Germany.
All products come in "cooling box systems".
Their bread is frozen, but will do fine for toast.
Delivery is around 5 working days:

www.xpatshop.co.uk

We have heard about the following online stores (never used them yet) from others:

www.britstore.co.uk
www.britishcornershop.co.uk

HTH

Fergelina
Hallo Fergelina,

vielen Dank fuer die Info ;-)
Heard about that one www.britishcornershop.co.uk ......but no idea how it is.........actually really looking forward to that store in Verona......(probably the prices will be also a little bit lower)......but still great to know that you can get stuff via the net......just can't get enough of english food
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

thanks fergelina,

real good alternative if you really require something british.....although an expensive one as well lol.....
Looking forward to that address of the shop in Verona......and hoping that the prices there will be also a little bit smaller

Regards,
D.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

CarrieW is on a distinguished road

Hiya,

Have replied to your e-mail with the website address of the shop in Verona.

Ciao
Carrie
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 5:02 pm
phoebepianoforte

phoebeluton is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,
where is the british shop in verona? i've been living in verona for 3 weeks now and already i am having tea withdrawal symptoms

thanks
Old Nov 7th 2007, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

MattyC is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: British Food Shop - Verona

oh I think I need a trip to Verona....get myself some John Smiths Smoothflow ordered.....oh I can taste it now!