Old Mar 2nd 2021, 4:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat077 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brexit kills Italy exports to UK

Not paywalled for me, but may be for if you live in Italy:
https://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/la-b...nnaio-ADx5x8MB
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit kills Italy exports to UK

I dont understand why the food exports from Italy have bureaucratic delays. Is that the fault of Italy, France or UK?
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect a lot of it is teething problems caused by the UK (mostly). With some items having VAT and charges i think now being levied in the UK and also transport people just saying it is not worth the hassle. The cost of the latter I've heard has went through the roof. I suspect it will take "years" to settle and not just "months". A bit of a shame as we've found some great delivery stores here in the UK selling great Italian food stuff.
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Daniel Kelermen is making an interesting record of all things Brexit going wrong.

Last edited by philat98; Mar 2nd 2021 at 11:32 am.
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 12:13 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
I suspect a lot of it is teething problems caused by the UK (mostly). With some items having VAT and charges i think now being levied in the UK and also transport people just saying it is not worth the hassle. The cost of the latter I've heard has went through the roof. I suspect it will take "years" to settle and not just "months". A bit of a shame as we've found some great delivery stores here in the UK selling great Italian food stuff.
Teething problems? To some extent, but for smaller companies, it's just not worth the time and cost of registering (and paying) with HMRC and the added cost of the paperwork.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
Teething problems? To some extent, but for smaller companies, it's just not worth the time and cost of registering (and paying) with HMRC and the added cost of the paperwork.
Dentures coming soon, no teeth left.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tumbleweedly
Dentures coming soon, no teeth left.
Dentures will be called upon when the new trading rules come in on April fools day. Farage might provide a set.

Last edited by philat98; Mar 3rd 2021 at 11:13 am.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Gbinitaly is an unknown quantity at this point

About the extra cost of Prosecco and Grana Padano, ask Mr Farage for a refund.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by philat98
Daniel Kelermen is making an interesting record of all things Brexit going wrong.
Who he?
Old Mar 5th 2021, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by malcom1970
Not paywalled for me, but may be for if you live in Italy:
https://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/la-b...nnaio-ADx5x8MB
I'm not surprised, unfortunately. Mind you the article starts off suggesting that the North End Road market price rises for items such as Egyptian avocados and English apples have gone up in price because of Brexit - which is obviously rubbish; it's because the market stall holders see a good excuse to jack up prices. As I believe some Italian were doing when the Euro came to replace the Lira.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Plan B
I'm not surprised, unfortunately. Mind you the article starts off suggesting that the North End Road market price rises for items such as Egyptian avocados and English apples have gone up in price because of Brexit - which is obviously rubbish; it's because the market stall holders see a good excuse to jack up prices. As I believe some Italian were doing when the Euro came to replace the Lira.
I was in Naples when they changed from Lira to Euro. After the change Metro tickets were 70 cents but after a few weeks they were Euro1. A convenient increase.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Plan B
Who he?
https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/